Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Got a good news that I can get my car on Wednesday but bad news it that they will have to disconnect phone booster due to some of-com related problem. Have any of you heard of this before?

·
Registered
309 Posts
@avicov reported his delivery is postponed due to this issue with the Phone Box...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
43 Posts
How very odd. Is there clarity on whether this is just an issue with the Audi Phone Box option or generally with all cars ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@avicov reported his delivery is postponed due to this issue with the Phone Box...

mine is slightly delayed as well. i am going to sign for finance tomorrow and was told they need few days to disconnect phone box and get car ready as they cant register car without disconnecting the phone box.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How very odd. Is there clarity on whether this is just an issue with the Audi Phone Box option or generally with all cars ?
Not sure but I was told that ofcom has asked for this booster to be disconnected. Apparently its boosting signal more than ofcom has allowed. rest of the functions will be available including wireless charging.
There was similar issue with other cars from VAG Group.

http://www.contracth...-phone-chargers
https://www.briskoda...t-believe-this/

so it looks like problem is more wide spread than just Audi.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer is trying to find stock available within the network and he says that all stock which is at port is on hold pending a recall. Surely if some of you are taking delivery, albeit a day or so later than planned, then there is a fix to this issue.

Why the hold up? just unplug the phone booster until a solution is found and sell the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dealer is trying to find stock available within the network and he says that all stock which is at port is on hold pending a recall. Surely if some of you are taking delivery, albeit a day or so later than planned, then there is a fix to this issue.

Why the hold up? just unplug the phone booster until a solution is found and sell the car.
My dealer also stated that all cars are held at Emden at the moment. Unplugging booster is temporary solution and they will have to call us (who are taking delivery in near future) back for permanent fix. I guess its to save them doing work twice..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IMG_6584.jpg

My New Toy!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any stock held at a dealer can have the booster unplugged, and the customer sign a disclaimer agreeing to not use it, and return the car to the dealer once a fix is found.

All stock at port is not allowed to be sold or transferred between dealers until a fix is found.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I assume this only applies to cars with the phone box option, but has anyone had that discussion with their dealer? My car arrived in Emden on Monday and is still showing as status "36", which means it is not released for shipping to the UK. I had expected this meant in Customs but it must be Audi that are holding it back, but I don't have the phone box option.

Still lots of vessels leaving Emden for the UK, which must be fully loaded with shiny new cars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just noticed this thread. So I collected my car on time last weekend in the end. The fix is to disconnect the amplifier until Audi get a green light to reconnect or put in one that is correct.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not normally a white car person, but the Q5 looks good in the metallic white.

How are you finding the car so far?

Still getting use to it. Everything is new to me automatic, bigger than my previous Honda civic etc. So far its good and enjoying the drive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts