Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a sturdy looking partition net for an Audi Q5 on the net - different from just the cargo net, its more solid fabric and it sits behind the seats - could act as a dog guard - but I cant find one here and the dealer cant help me. Can anyone point me in the right direction or even better have one we could purchase. I'm in Cheltenham if it helps - thanks all

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sounds like the normal Audi partition net to me, have a look in the Q5 brochure on the internet. Cannot see why your dealer is not more helpful
kc

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hi PaulG,

If you are in need of this for a dog then may I suggest Barjo who can make a removable made to measure metal caged partition, if that is what you need? Or they will make what you need.

I'll be using them again for a twin cage for our dogs very soon.

IMHO they can make a much safer product than a flimsy net that might not work in an accident!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like the normal Audi partition net to me, have a look in the Q5 brochure on the internet. Cannot see why your dealer is not more helpful
kc
Thanks for the advice I've done as you suggested its in the options on a new car code 3CX removable net partition, but not as an accessory, I'll try again with the dealer uless someone steps up with one

Ta

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres the latest, looked into it in the brochure, its a priced optional spec at ?90. So I talked to the dealer who then tells me its ?90 as a spec item but over ?200 as an accessory after purchase, I cant think it needs any modification, I think all the attachment points are in the Q5 already. Anyway I give up now, lost the will to live and wont pay that sort of money for a simple partition net. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Paul

·
Registered
963 Posts

Has anyone spoke to Audi UK about this

I can't understand a ?110 increase on an item just because you didn't order it with the car. What if you buy a secondhand car that doesn't have any extras.

Who is setting the price and does it differ at other dealerships

I smell a rip off here.

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts

I can't understand a ?110 increase on an item just because you didn't order it with the car. What if you buy a secondhand car that doesn't have any extras.

I smell a rip off here.
Its just like the space saver tyre!!! Just one of those things they know you wished you had added.

·
Registered
963 Posts
This is my first experience with Audi.........so is like that with the whole range?

·
Registered
19 Posts

I smell a rip off here.
That's peanuts. If you want to add a towbar to the car after delivery then it changes from a ?650 option to ?2,250!!!!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
That's peanuts. If you want to add a towbar to the car after delivery then it changes from a ?650 option to ?2,250!!!!!
Cost me ?900 to have a towbar installed on my RRS which if I had ordered it at the factory would have cost ?300.

But I still wonder if Audi UK are aware and condone this big markup
I've seen things like Audi Cobratrak priced substantially differently at different dealers. It really may pay to ring around a few dealers or use the ones who regulary sell on eBay eg. Stafford Audi

·
Registered
963 Posts
Glad to help.

How much are they? Just in case I get an urge lol!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Lol.......just worked it out.........a bargain!!!

My good deed for today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts