Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick thank you to the Forum for answering a range of question over the past few weeks (some of them probably stupid).

This really helped me negotiate from a position of strength in terms knowledge about the vehicle and the associated buying process.

In the end I went via a Broker (Autoebid). The buying experience was first rate.

Local dealers weren't interested in even getting close to what could be achieved via a broker (ultimately saved 3.6k on the forecourt price including the broker fee).

Taking delivery on 2 Sept for new plate issue.

Q5 2.0 TDI S Line Plus (Manual)

Lava Grey
20" Titanium Alloys
Black Styling Pack
Interior Light Pack
Heated front Seats
Hill Hold Assist
Folding Door Mirrors
Rear bench Seat Plus

First 'new' car and first Audi. September doesn't half seem a way off ....

Thanks again. Will continue to look and learn via the forum.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
202 Posts
would be interested to hear about your experience with Autoebid - seem a good service but never knew of anyone who had used it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did my research re. Autoebid and they seemed to receive positive reviews.

The process was very straightforward and I ran the 'auction' for 3 days. All of the bids came in on the last day, the winning bid didn't achieve Autoebid's projected best price, but it wasn't far off. I confirmed acceptance of the bid, Autoebid took their fee and the dealership contacted me direct the following day to take a deposit and confirm the order.

I've never purchased a car in this way before and I was a little anxious at the outset but overall if was a seamless process. The winning dealership is only revealed upon acceptance of a bid and so I was pleased to find it's only 1.5 hrs drive away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Friends have used autoebid before - got £10k+ off a Volvo xc90 - said he was very happy with the whole buying experience (was about a year ago).

Congrats on your new purchase - welcome to the waiting game!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
the winning bid didn't achieve Autoebid's projected best price, but it wasn't far off.
I was under the impression that the price autoebid gave you would be the maximum you would ever pay, well that was the impression i got from the website. by the sounds of it you had to pay a little more?
You can put in conditions with your auction am i correct - like delivery before / after, distance to travel ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts