Audi Q5 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Finally an update email from Audi 5 weeks from build completion!

“Just to let you know, your new Q5 is carefully wrapped up, safe and sound on board our ship to the UK. We'll let you know when it has arrived.”

This is the first “in transit” email I’ve received - not sure if they mean it’s on a boat from Mexico or Emden.
Same email I got and two days after got one saying it had landed in uk and it was delivered to my dealer 7 days after 👍👍

·
Premium Member
Ordered: Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Looks seriously good. I considered that colour but she who must be obeyed wanted Navarra Blue.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
You lot are making me feel like Billy no mates :(. No movement yet on my Q5 hybrid :(.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also ordered a Q55 TFSie (Nov 2021), dealer has given me a week 41 build.

Do Audi build the car specs in batches?

Also has anyone been given a loan car when waiting for delivery?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
I ordered mine in October 2021 with a build week of 10/2022 which was then pushed back to 22/2022. Now my Q5 is still in Mexico waiting for various components. In spite of asking I do not have a shipping date. Audi used to manufacture like a sausage machine, just churn the cars out even if there are no orders. Now they are building to order or for dealer stock. The just in time component delivery is not really working due to Covid and the Ukrainian crisis as many components are subcontracted all over the planet. your dealer can give you a status but it is very nebulous. Get your dealer to give you their Audi order number then contact Audi UK sales for a more detailed status. I have never had a loan car while waiting for delivery. However, the longer you wait the greater your negotiating powers. Its remarkable what the dealer will do to retain your business.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey guys - so we went to order a Q5 today earlier than we would to be fair due to lead times. They were quoting between Oct-Dec for factory order. Amazing how much is unavailable due to chip shortages etc however probably going to snap up an Edition 1 Sportback they’ve got.

It’s also amazing how much more expensive these cars have got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Hi Nemo, as a matter of interest what new configuration were you considering and was it petrol, diesel or hybrid?

101 - 120 of 158 Posts