Audi Q5 Forum banner
261 - 280 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Audi Q5 40 TDi S Line District Green (not yet arrived....)
28 Posts
Mine is still looking good for Saturday, got the papers through to sign yesterday and have my number-plate assigned. So that all sounds good. Can't wait til Saturday now - at least I've got a 9am collection time so I won't have to wait too long :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone waiting for delivery of a Q5 50 TFSi e or Q5 55 TFSi e?
i would be good to know how long you have been waiting. I am just about to hit 12 months and am still without a confirmed build week for a Q5 55TFSi e.

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
I have a Q5 55 tfsi e. From ordering at the UK Audi dealer to me collecting the car from the dealer took just over 10 months. The build status defines where the build process is. This can be obtained by your dealer as they have access to the Audi manufacturing site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the updates, looks like a hybrid Q5 delivery is now a minimum of 18 months. If I had known this at the time I would have looked elsewhere.
I have had build weeks of 41 then reduced to 37 but now nothing.
I ordered on the 1st of November 2021 and still don’t have a confirmed build date, are Audi trying to push me to other models or don’t care who I buy my car from?
If this car never arrives it will be my last Audi, shocking customer care.
Dealer told me that my Q5 55 competition was one of the last UK orders so it’s at the back of the queue, how long is the queue, if I could have afforded it I am sure I could have got a Ferrari or Lamborghini quicker.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
I ordered mine 20th October 2021 and got it 4th August 2022. Count yourself lucky as Q3's are not just late on delivery but have some fairly fundamental bits missing. All my Q5 had missing was the phone charging mat which is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. All I can say is now I have got mine, it was well worth waiting for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered mine 20th October 2021 and got it 4th August 2022. Count yourself lucky as Q3's are not just late on delivery but have some fairly fundamental bits missing. All my Q5 had missing was the phone charging mat which is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. All I can say is now I have got mine, it was well worth waiting for.
You have been lucky or had a good dealer and agree that should be well worth waiting for but at the moment myself and others this car (Q55 Competition) is an non existent car in the UK, Audi need to come clean and confirm that they will supply. I have my doubts.
They can’t make the war in the Eastern Europe as an excuse for a car built in Mexico.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
Yes, you are correct. I believe I have been lucky and I have a superb dealer, Wakefield Audi. The Q5 delivery problems from Sao Paulo have little to do with the war in Ukraine. The main problem started with Covid but at the same time the franchised dealers were taking orders. The situation was compounded by sub-contractors going out of business and Audi having to find replacements. When the factory started production again apart from having to catch up with orders they had battery supply issues so the non-PHEV Q5's were shipped before the PHEV ones, the decision being taken on a commercial basis. They have still not caught up with the Q5 hybrid backlog but they are now prioritising them. I have had Audi's for 40 years and getting information from them follows the adage, its not what you know but who you know. For your information, Audi customer service is worse than useless and has never been customer centric.

·
Registered
Q5 S line 45 TFSI 2022 quattro S tronic Navarra Blue, tour & city assist packs
65 Posts
Looks great! Enjoy!:cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had an update to say it will be moving into status twenty in the next couple of weeks and should be built month end. I have been advised its 12 weeks from this point and they are expecting to have the car at the dealership in January. I really hope this is worst case (y)

261 - 280 of 309 Posts