Audi Q5 Forum banner
201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went to inspect my new Q5 hybrid yesterday and the only item missing was the wireless charging mat which I can't use and don't care about. My sales person told me that on Q5's there were problems a year ago but these have gone with deliveries in the last 6 months. What she did say was that the big problems are with the Q3 with all sorts of functionality being removed or replaced. After checking there are no Q5 hybrid battery supply problems but there are with pure EV's. Don't be put off by the estimated build week. As it gets closer they will allocate an allocated build week which could be earlier.
Did you collect your car this week? How is it and has it been worth the wait?

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
I collected the car late yesterday and its magic. The handover by Wakefield Audi was perfect, everything I asked for was fitted. I drove back to North Leeds as an EV and it was weird with no engine noise. At least I had the superb instrumentation to tell me everything. When I got back I had 1 mile of battery left. I charged until full and it took 2hrs 28mins. The car is so quiet and smooth helped by the 45 profile tyres as I had 40's on the Q3. I am still in learning mode but I am almost there. Was it worth the wait? Definitely, it is not a bigger Q3 as it is not as sporty and dynamic but it is significantly smoother and quieter with considerably more room.

·
Registered
2022 Audi Q5 40 TDi S Line District Green (not yet arrived....)
14 Posts
Update from the Audi Factory today - the lovely automated one they send out. My Q5 was booked in at time of order (April 2022) for build week 33 (which is next week). Got an email today to say it is now being built - almost a week earlier than expected. So that's got to be promising news!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update from the Audi Factory today - the lovely automated one they send out. My Q5 was booked in at time of order (April 2022) for build week 33 (which is next week). Got an email today to say it is now being built - almost a week earlier than expected. So that's got to be promising news!!
That’s good news, contradicts the email I got from my dealer today. Was told that the factory is closed for 4 weeks.

·
Registered
2022 Audi Q5 40 TDi S Line District Green (not yet arrived....)
14 Posts
That’s good news, contradicts the email I got from my dealer today. Was told that the factory is closed for 4 weeks.
Oh dear - that doesn’t sound good. I’m assuming that all the Q5’s are made in the same Mexican factory…. Have you had one from AudiUk rather than the dealer giving you any update?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh dear - that doesn’t sound good. I’m assuming that all the Q5’s are made in the same Mexican factory…. Have you had one from AudiUk rather than the dealer giving you any update?
I believe they are all made in the same factory. Update was from the dealer which allegedly came from Audi UK. This was after I complained to Audi at the lack of info from my dealer.
The dealer also told me that there is an issue with the supply of the Qfsie 55 Competition model which ordered.
I have started looking for alternatives as not convinced I will ever take delivery of the car.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
All Q5's are built in Sao Paolo, Mexico. The factory has not shut down. There was an issue with Audi Mexico owing money. This is now being sorted by having a meeting with local government officials. I got my new 55 tfsi e a couple of weeks ago. The only item missing was the wireless charging pad which I don't need or care about as there is a USB-C next to where the pad should go. From 2 weeks of ownership I can tell you that you will regret looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe they are all made in the same factory. Update was from the dealer which allegedly came from Audi UK. This was after I complained to Audi at the lack of info from my dealer.
The dealer also told me that there is an issue with the supply of the Qfsie 55 Competition model which ordered.
I have started looking for alternatives as not convinced I will ever take delivery of the car.
Don't give up hope just yet!

I ordered a Q5 TFSIe Competition in November 2021 and have finally been given an 'estimated' build week.

It's not a confirmed build week but it's the first change in status I've seen in 8 months so it seems like there is some progress.

Hang in there... your car may not be far behind!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't give up hope just yet!

I ordered a Q5 TFSIe Competition in November 2021 and have finally been given an 'estimated' build week.

It's not a confirmed build week but it's the first change in status I've seen in 8 months so it seems like there is some progress.

Hang in there... your car may not be far behind!
I too was given an estimated build week (week 41 which was then changed 37) a few weeks ago but latest updates now don’t mention it….
What is you estimated build week?
Really don’t want to cancel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too was given an estimated build week (week 41 which was then changed 37) a few weeks ago but latest updates now don’t mention it….
What is you estimated build week?
Really don’t want to cancel.
It got moved from Week 40 to Week 44 and back to Week 40 again.

I won’t get too excited just yet but hopefully I’ll get that confirmed build week soon!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, good to know, hopefully I will get delivery this year.
Auto Trader is showing some good discounts on stock cars (apart from hybrids), recession starting to kickin?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Maybe I am missing something. My Q5 55 tfsi e took 10 months from order placement. I wanted the car and was not willing to accept second best. There are a few new Q5's available in the UK from organisations who have forward ordered. The Q5 production is working as flat out as they can bearing in mind component shortages attributed to Covid-19. If you are thinking about cancelling then you are not committed to the brand or the product. All you will do is to jump from the frying pan in to the fire as every car manufacturer has the same problems to a greater or lesser extent.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe I am missing something. My Q5 55 tfsi e took 10 months from order placement. I wanted the car and was not willing to accept second best. There are a few new Q5's available in the UK from organisations who have forward ordered. The Q5 production is working as flat out as they can bearing in mind component shortages attributed to Covid-19. If you are thinking about cancelling then you are not committed to the brand or the product. All you will do is to jump from the frying pan in to the fire as every car manufacturer has the same problems to a greater or lesser extent.
If or when I get my Q5 55 TFSie it will be my 4th Audi in a row, been very happy with all of my Audi’s so far thats why I ordered my 4th.
My issue is with the BS I am getting from my dealer (factory shut down for 4 weeks, which is a total lie)and the lack of support from Audi UK.
Have serious doubts that Audi will honour my order.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
I have had 15 Audi's since 1981 of all flavours. Audi will honour your order but to reassure yourself you need the Audi order number from your dealer then contact Audi CS and get them to give you the actual information not the normal response of Covid-19 and semiconductor shortages. Remember, Audi CS have been told to tow the party line which for the majority of customers is good enough.

·
Registered
862 Posts
If or when I get my Q5 55 TFSie it will be my 4th Audi in a row, been very happy with all of my Audi’s so far thats why I ordered my 4th.
My issue is with the BS I am getting from my dealer (factory shut down for 4 weeks, which is a total lie)and the lack of support from Audi UK.
Have serious doubts that Audi will honour my order.
I sincerely hope you're using a broker, or getting an amazing deal from your dealer which is at least a few £K less than the RRP.

I've saved about £20K on my last 3 x Q5's in total.

Reactions: mattbrx
201 - 216 of 216 Posts