Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have owned S tronic S line 2 ltr MY 13 for 2 weeks now. I do not hate it, neither I love it. Most importantly I am not enjoying it. I thought that the car will grow on me which has not happened. I do not have any bad thing to say about it. I am no car expert, However, I prefer the comfort, quiteness, seating position, handling and the sheer acceleration of the XF. Hence in next few weeks it will bye bye for Q5.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Seems like an SUV does not match your requirements? Almost any comparable saloon will have better handling, performance, be more comfortable and quieter than an SUV. Enjoy your new(?) jag, I took the F type for a test last month - awesome car. Good luck dealing with Peter Vardy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like an SUV does not match your requirements? Almost any comparable saloon will have better handling, performance, be more comfortable and quieter than an SUV.
Yup. Guess you have hit the nail on the head. However, I will need to go back and test drive x3 again to be sure. I have pain in my Rt Hip which makes getting in and out of a car a tad bit uncomfortable and hence in search for the perfect SUV.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Sounds like an expensive mistake....

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Shame there mate. Sorry to hear that you didn't like it; hopefully we will love our SQ5, you are making me nervous now!

Do let me know what you go for in the end, we are coming from BMW X5 to SQ5, however the X3 wasn't an option for us as we weren't a big fan of the styling, nor are we impressed by the styling of the new X5. Maybe try Evoque? Or even downsize for a Q3? Good luck with your search, let us know what you go for

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shame there mate. Sorry to hear that you didn't like it; hopefully we will love our SQ5, you are making me nervous now!

Do let me know what you go for in the end, we are coming from BMW X5 to SQ5, however the X3 wasn't an option for us as we weren't a big fan of the styling, nor are we impressed by the styling of the new X5. Maybe try Evoque? Or even downsize for a Q3? Good luck with your search, let us know what you go for
I guess people who dont like the q5 are in the minority I guess. cant comment on sq5 though. Never been a fan of firm ride..It will be the Range Rover for me eventually (not the sport or the Evoque) for the comfort and quiteness. Cant afford one for sometime though... hence the predicament.. Agree with you on the styling of x3 and the upcoming x5. My other half did not want to be seen in it :-( Loved my 320d...BMWs are the best drive....For the time being Will keep my XF for day to day use.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Fiddler, having drivem an XF, there was no way that the Q5 was going to be as comfortable or as refined. The XF is the best drivers car in its class and drives better than my A7. The Q5 has different qualities, but we are not buying one for its refined driving.

Best of luck.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I guess people who dont like the q5 are in the minority I guess. cant comment on sq5 though. Never been a fan of firm ride..It will be the Range Rover for me eventually (not the sport or the Evoque) for the comfort and quiteness. Cant afford one for sometime though... hence the predicament.. Agree with you on the styling of x3 and the upcoming x5. My other half did not want to be seen in it :-( Loved my 320d...BMWs are the best drive....For the time being Will keep my XF for day to day use.
I was going to say you are really only left with the RR sport or full size to fit your requirements for comfort etc.
Though I would question if it may be tricky as you would be getting up into it with your hip? Guess you will have to give it a try?

One of the things I noted about the mid size SUV like the Q5 and X3 was the easy access as seat level is just right...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
706 Posts
Fidler, I forgot to mention that I have recently been a passenger in an X3 with standard wheels and tyres and it is not very comfortable. Very bumpy ride.
Stick to the Jag.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems like an SUV does not match your requirements? Almost any comparable saloon will have better handling, performance, be more comfortable and quieter than an SUV. Enjoy your new(?) jag, I took the F type for a test last month - awesome car. Good luck dealing with Peter Vardy
I have had the XF for more than 3 years now..Agree with you comment regarding Peter Vardy...Did not have a good experience when I went for servicing last month. Was not even offered a seat

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fidler, I forgot to mention that I have recently been a passenger in an X3 with standard wheels and tyres and it is not very comfortable. Very bumpy ride.
Stick to the Jag.
Need something which takes few suitcases when we go on a holiday and a four wheel drive for winters up here and also something which will be easier for me to get out of

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
maybe the 330d touring xdrive? fast, very comfortable (had one as a courtesy yesterday), nice ride and with xdrive its a higher ride height?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Or look at the VW Toureg. Plenty of room 4wd. More comfortable and good 3.0 engine. Not sure when the new one comes out.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Anything but a JLR product, the beauty is only skin deep, the in-car entertainment/navigation systems are maybe 7 to 10 years out of date and the dealer network can't handle customers with ex-Audi drivers expectation of service/fixed 1st time. Oh yes and not so much assembled but rather thrown together...

·
Registered
289 Posts
To the OP - before you lose £'000's on changing a new car I suggest you get an ergonomic assessment from on of the many professional driver training organisations (PDS, IAM etc). Mrs a is a fleet manager and says that this will make much more difference then keeping on changing car until you find the right one. You may have a problem with posture or seating position in the car or the cure might be a simple as changing the standard seat for a "sport" seat or v-v.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To the OP - before you lose £'000's on changing a new car I suggest you get an ergonomic assessment from on of the many professional driver training organisations (PDS, IAM etc). Mrs a is a fleet manager and says that this will make much more difference then keeping on changing car until you find the right one. You may have a problem with posture or seating position in the car or the cure might be a simple as changing the standard seat for a "sport" seat or v-v.
Never knew something like that ever existed!! Will definitely look into it. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've had an assessment done, a few years ago and paid for by the company I was working for (was driving about 40,000 miles a year at the time). Net result was learning what a proper driving position needs to be to protect my body - basically the seat base as flat as possible and the back rest upright, felt a bit weird at first but I got used to it. The 'race driver' laid back/bucket seat style/legs straight is very bad...I learn't my lesson.

If you get the assessment done and a particular posture is recommended that your standard seat can't match then a proper Recaro seat and rails is sometimes the suggested way to go. I didn't need one but a colleague did and just moved it from car to car...it was an amazing seat but very expensive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have owned S tronic S line 2 ltr MY 13 for 2 weeks now. I do not hate it, neither I love it. Most importantly I am not enjoying it. I thought that the car will grow on me which has not happened. I do not have any bad thing to say about it. I am no car expert, However, I prefer the comfort, quiteness, seating position, handling and the sheer acceleration of the XF. Hence in next few weeks it will bye bye for Q5.
I have an XFS at the moment and I found little difference in quietness and comfort to the SQ5 yes a bit firmer but I don't mind that and with better performance and gear changes in fact I was very pleased so I ordered one!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I have an XFS at the moment and I found little difference in quietness and comfort to the SQ5 yes a bit firmer but I don't mind that and with better performance and gear changes in fact I was very pleased so I ordered one!
Interesting you mention better gear changes as they share the same 8 speed XF box. Albeit with likely different software loads...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts