Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi All

Just spotted on the Audi UK website that the Q5 Hybrid is coming.
Only a brief description mentioning 2.0TFSI and being able to drive at up to 62mph on electric
240 BHP and up to 480Nm in S mode!

No mention of a timescale, does anyone know anything more?

Jonathan

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Further Information confirms the Hybrid has an 8 speed gearbox and that top speed is 222Km/h

My limited knowledge of german suggests that the batteries are Lithium-Ion and the loadspace is reduced to 480 litres - down from 540 on the normal version, which is a shame as the flexibility of the loadspace was one of the reasons we chose a Q5 last year over an A4 Avant quattro.

Jonathan

·
Registered
71 Posts
211 vs. 240bhp
350 vs. 480nm!!
and the top is exactly the same?
Something doesn't add up.
The extra weight shouldn't affect top speed and on the contrary those eco rims should help.
Can't see the slushbox loosing that much top speed compared to the dsg.
Anyone knows how much it weights? Over 2 tons?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Peak power and torque may be higher but it's all about the shape of the torque curve. For the hybrid to have the same top speed, it must have the same power and torque at that speed (222km/h) as the standard 2.0TFSI. No doubt the electric assist doesn't contribute at higher revs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Peak power and torque may be higher but it's all about the shape of the torque curve. For the hybrid to have the same top speed, it must have the same power and torque at that speed (222km/h) as the standard 2.0TFSI. No doubt the electric assist doesn't contribute at higher revs.
Found more data. 0-100km/h is quoted at 7.1sec vs. 7.2sec for our cars and with a weight penalty of "only" 130kg (remember this thing already weighs near 2 tons) the figures still don't add up. 35% more torque is nothing to be sniffed at. Either the slushbox is really limiting or the whole hybrid setup is tuned towards economy instead of sport. Considering the welcome increase in power, tremendous increase in torque and an added weight of just two passengers I have to say I was expecting more performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts