Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We are due to get our new ice silver S-Line Plus Q5 at the end of the week. Pretty excited about it. The interiors are great and I love the sat-nav design. We really need all wheel drive with the snow we've had recently in Aberdeen. The A5 I had on hire didn't make it up the snow packed country road to the house we have just moved to. I managed to safely manoeuvre it to the side of the road and it was all going as well as it could till the kind samaritan (in a Mitsibushi Barbarian)who offered to tow me up the hill slid back pranging the bonnet bursting the radiator :-(

Anyone know if the samsung S3 will synch the adresses in its contacts with sat-nav? My Iphone 4 did in the A5 but I'm looking to try and take a break from Apple.

Any help would be most apperciated - looking forward to reading through the forum.

Cheers

neil

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
A new Q5 for christmas, you are a lucky boy.

My nephew has a Samsung S3 and it syncs perfectly with the system in his new A3.

Hardly any snow in Aberfreeze last year, but I think there will be more to come this winter.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi there,
I too have ordered an Ice Silver Q5 but I will have to wait until March 2013........ Post some pictures when you can as interested to see the colour as where I live everyone has either a White or Black. Whites fine and -for me- Black doesnt suit the car as you cannot see the subtle detail of the lines. So we went for Silver. Was interested in the Cuvee Silver but it looks more like light Brown from the sample colours so didnt risk it.

Good luck anyway.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You will love it - had a major issue with mine (ECU failure) but now resolved we love our new Q5 and Audi have been good with their compensation.

Best thing about new Sat Nav is the clarity and I love the speed limit reminder.

Also love the power tailgate and panoramic roof.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feed back guys. Just been told today that car wont land at the port till friday which means that by the time it gets to the dealership they wont be able to get it turned around before everything shuts down for the festivities. Car now due to arrive Jan 4th :-( On the plus side they are organising an A5 Coupe 2.0 TDi for us to use till then.

Adamantium - I totally agree. We lived for four years in Calgary where suburban streets are covered in two inches of packed hard snow for months. We had a set of winter tyres on an old jalopy and never had an issue once. Will be looking into but I cant imagine they are going to be cheap :-(

Grandduc - I'll get some photos posted when it arrives

Gadgetgeezer - the demostrator we drove had a panoramic roof. It was awesome. the one we've got coming doesn't. *sigh*

cheers guys

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi again,
Did you consider Cuvee Silver as I think its new for the Q5 for 2013 model?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts