Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Car do an interesting depreciation comparison tool. It's a shame it doesn't take into account the discount you get (or not) of the various cars but I found it quite an interesting exercise.

Interestingly the Q5 SE I just traded in sold as soon as it was prepped. The dealer had the last XC60 I traded in for six months before they sold it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Unless you sold BOTH the cars at the same time its not really a comparison in terms of X took Y before it sold.
Trade value on 5s have started to soften and that will only continue/accelerate as the platform comes up for replacement.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A nice graph but not really comparing like for like. You would have to add pro nav and auto box, tailgate and other options to the x3 to get it to the same spec as the q5 and you wouldn't get much back for these options come trade in time so I think the q5 actually performs better than indicated here compared to the x3.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A nice graph but not really comparing like for like. You would have to add pro nav and auto box, tailgate and other options to the x3 to get it to the same spec as the q5 and you wouldn't get much back for these options come trade in time so I think the q5 actually performs better than indicated here compared to the x3.
Fair point about the options, but all the cars are manual.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It's based on Manufacturers on the road price which isn't realistic. My farther on law got 20% off his brand new XC60 D5 R-Design which bring it back in to play

1 - 6 of 6 Posts