Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Ordered the Q5 on the 16th of october and was given build week 4 just had an e-mail from the dealer to say the car is in the country and it will be at the dealership next week in time for march delivery.
Cannot praise Derby audi enough they have been true to their word informing us of any info regarding the vehicle every 2 to 3 weeks and the build week did not change all so we have waited 4 and a half months for the car and cannot wait to get it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congrats DCD.

What spec did you go for?

I hope my lead time ends up being similar to yours.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 litre TDI 170 SE in Brilliant black
19inch 5 arm alloys
cruise control
bluetooth
electric tailgate
leather/alcantara sports seats
privacy glass
electric folding door mirrors
removable net partition

Will hopefully post some pictures after i take delivery
What spec have you ordered and what is your build date.

·
Registered
294 Posts
2.0 TDI (170ps) S-line Special Edition S-Tronic
Daytona Grey
Tech Pack Low
Interior Light Pack
Storage Pack
Reversible Load mat with Bumper Cover
Folding Mirrors
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Collapsible Spare

Only ordered a week or so ago so haven't been given a build date yet. Will be chasing up the dealer soon though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Further to DCD's I ordered mine on 29th October was given a build week 5.

Last week the dealer confirmed to me that my car was in production and today he has told me it is now released at port waiting for shipment.

I too have been very happy with the dealer I have used which is Leeds Audi, which is part of the same group as Derby They have always kept me informed and updated on progress and there have been no delays. I even made some alterations to the original order which had no effect on the build week.

I will wait until 1st March to collect mine.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Glad to hear yours is on its way cdwjae.

I've not heard from my dealer since 31st Jan when I added the collapsible spare to my order (car was orginally ordered a couple of days before that). How long did you guys have to wait for build week confirmation? I desparate to know when mine's due.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Swainey
I ordered mine on 29th October which was a Friday and was given a scheduled build week of week 5 on Monday 1st November. It went confirmed as week 5 early January. So my wait was 1 week day. I think they put the order into the Audi system on the Friday evening and it churned out the date on the Monday. I made some changes on Tuesday 2nd which were input straight away and no alteration to the schedule.

So on my experience the dealer should be able to give you a build week already, providing he has put the order on to the system.

My son bought a VW Scirrocco last year and it is exactly the same computer system and he had similar experience to me with being given dates etc. His only problem was that his car was built around the change of computer system when every car movement was halted VW and Audi because there was no computer system running. But we chased VW customer service and they pulled out all the stops so that his car was delivered as soon as computer system went live even though the dealers were still in the dark.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks.

Will be emailing the dealer tomorrow then.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks.

Will be emailing the dealer tomorrow then.
Good luck, I hope your dealer can be bothered to reply.

Like you, I was keen to know when mine was due. If you have read my other posts you will see that was 7 months ago. I am still waiting!!!!!!!!

Hope you have more luck than me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have been following your posts with interest Biffo.

Have you been to see the dealer in person? It's more difficult for them to fob you off when you're standing two feet away.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have been following your posts with interest Biffo.

Have you been to see the dealer in person? It's more difficult for them to fob you off when you're standing two feet away.
Yes, I have seen the dealer in person. The last time was a couple of weeks ago. I had some cracking answers to my questions, I think I gave a couple of examples in my other post. I was promised that my order was now being treated with the utmost priority and they would get back to me by the end of the week with an update and hopefully a confirmed build. Needless to say I never received a call, so I sent another e-mail requesting the promised update. That was the week before last but as yet not even a reply to my mail!! That was the final straw that prompted the mail to Jeremy Hicks last Friday. Unfortunately even that has not prompted any action yet.

However, I am sure mine is one of the few really bad experiences so I hope you have more luck with yours.
Keep us posted on how it goes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
So a polite email to the dealer today was responded to with a scheduled build of week 18 - so end of May by my calculations. It's still to be confirmed but I live in hope!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I see it is reported on Bloomberg this morning that Audi are struggling to keep up with demand for their cars. The Sales Chief is quoted as saying if sales continue to grow like they are at present it'll be difficult to say how long it could take to reduce waiting times. All their plants are working at full capacity and they may add extra Saturday shifts. The average wait now with Audi is quoted as three to four months. But this is across the whole range. So us Q5 buyers seem little worse off than the average Audi buyer. My wait having ordered at end October will be 4 months - my car is waiting for shipment from Germany.

·
Registered
90 Posts
No response from my e-mail to Jeremy Hicks, but after contacting the dealers again today I have a confirmed build week beginning 7th March
Hoo bloody Rah!!!

It will be a nine month wait for Delivery!!
Waiting for my kids to be born never seemed this long (or stressful)

The way my luck has gone with this, I will get a phone call on April 1st to say it was all a joke and I've gotta wait another couple of months

·
Registered
294 Posts
Good to hear you've finally got a build week Biffo.

Anyone know roughly how long it takes from being built to collection at dealer?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine was built last week which was week 5. It was at the port at the weekend awaiting shipment. Dealer said it should be here by end of week, and then only a few days to transport it to the dealer. But the dealer did give a note of caution about shipment, although don't think it has applied this week. They told me that there was a period that there were no shipments due to rough seas, and this delayed things by about 2 weeks. So just keeping fingers crossed that the winds don't blow too hard.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just for curiosity (I'm not in rush, as my current car lease expires in June) I asked my dealer what is the status of my order for Q5 I placed early Jan. He replied that now the car is locked in the system (e.g. I already cannot change the configuration), production week will be confirmed within next 1~2 weeks after that and then it should take 4 weeks to actual production... then only one more month for delivery. In total means delivery by last week of April or first week of May. Which is exactly what I was told when placing the order. Hope nothing will change. Though I have some spare time I'm not so much patient to wait for my new baby :)

EDIT: I was wrong... things changed... though in positive way! Just got call from dealer; instead of just fixing production schedule this week, Audi will actually manufacture the car for me next week already! So with such speed up I should get it by end of March! Can't wait

1 - 18 of 18 Posts