Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopped off at the dealer to finalise collection date (4 April) and looked at an SQ5 in showroom which had the Carbon Fibre trim and looked outstanding

Same old story, regret I didn't add the option. I suspect my first upgrade will be to get the aluminium wrapped. Used a firm in the south of England to coat some parts on my last vehicle using the Hydrographic method and will possibly use the same company again as the results were superb and very hard wearing.

I have found an article on here about removing the centre console trim but cannot find anything about removing the aluminium door trim and facia. Can anybody point me in the right direction or advise about how you remove them ?

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
Looks like a lot of work to me. If and when you do it, take some photos.

Good luck.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Have u got any pics of your previous wrap jop ,would b interested to c,and details of that company plz 😄

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have u got any pics of your previous wrap jop ,would b interested to c,and details of that company plz ������
I'll try and dig some out, last job was a wood effect but the carbon is much better. Its the same company as the TV prog Wheeler Dealers featured and got to say service is second to none and the finished product is superb. The company is called Wickedcoatings located in Poole Dorset.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Just stopped off at the dealer to finalise collection date (4 April) and looked at an SQ5 in showroom which had the Carbon Fibre trim and looked outstanding

Same old story, regret I didn't add the option. I suspect my first upgrade will be to get the aluminium wrapped. Used a firm in the south of England to coat some parts on my last vehicle using the Hydrographic method and will possibly use the same company again as the results were superb and very hard wearing.

I have found an article on here about removing the centre console trim but cannot find anything about removing the aluminium door trim and facia. Can anybody point me in the right direction or advise about how you remove them ?
Wouldn't the company itself know how to remove and replace the various trim parts ??
Surely all their customers don't dismantle the cars themselves and just take the bits and pieces in ??
Or do they ?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Id stick with the aluminium trim unless you are going to go for the real thing - wraps are just tacky and don't look right.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Id stick with the aluminium trim unless you are going to go for the real thing - wraps are just tacky and don't look right.
The latest hydro dipped wraps are a big step up and have only been affordable for the last couple of years. I agree old school wrapping isn't great tho.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found the link, simple job but having second thoughts re centre console.

http://ocarbon.com/blog/2010/06/b8-a4s4-trim-removal-guide/

Got to say from experience Hydrograph coatings are superb and hold up really well if done properly. My last coating stood up very well with no chips or marking. Now on my 'to think about' list.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I'll try and dig some out, last job was a wood effect but the carbon is much better. Its the same company as the TV prog Wheeler Dealers featured and got to say service is second to none and the finished product is superb. The company is called Wickedcoatings located in Poole Dorset.
thanx Steve í ½í¸„

·
Registered
221 Posts
Found the link, simple job but having second thoughts re centre console.

http://ocarbon.com/blog/2010/06/b8-a4s4-trim-removal-guide/

Got to say from experience Hydrograph coatings are superb and hold up really well if done properly. My last coating stood up very well with no chips or marking. Now on my 'to think about' list.
That centre console removal looks far from easy... Think I will stick with the aluminium...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts