Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Ah thats great you're quite lucky. I have mine placed through a lease company which aren't great with updates and I have to keep chasing. It would be great to deal direct with someone who can get updates straight from Audi but I have to keep going through someone. Latest I am told is it's week build 43!

· Registered
21 Posts
Oh.... Build status 10 means that they have allocated the parts but not started building it yet. When it gets to 20 it means that there is a confirmed build week. Once it gets to 38 it is on the shipping dock. These numbers are very granular so it goes directly from 10 to 20 to 38 etc. 10 is not so good, 20 is better and 38 is good. There is no defined time between the statuses.
Thanks for that. Gosh that is worrying I am still status 10 and have all that time from when it moves to 20.

· Registered
21 Posts
Hi TPD Welcome to the Forum.

After ordering my 55 TFSIe last November I got build status 30 on 20th July. Dealer told me that meant the car was made and ready to be shipped from Mexico.
1st August it showed as sitting in Emden in Germany with DELAYED status, awaiting CP8 Chipset.
I gave the delaer a push on Monday and he told me on Tuesday morning the status has moved to 38, in the port ready to ship to Grimsby.
It really can change that quick.
Now sitting here tapping my fingers and hoping to pick up from dealer probably around the 5th September.

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for the information. That's really useful.
Mine is the 50 TFSIe so fingers crossed they're slowly going through batches.

Thanks again and hope you love your car when it arrives!

· Registered
21 Posts
Hi mate,

Really unsure at this moment. I did query was this a shape change as I believe a new shape is coming out next year however confirmed it was the one I placed the order against...Confused at this point!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts