Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the Q5 for 3 weeks and I have yet to use the combustion engine. On a full charge I am getting 32 miles but this can reduce slightly going uphill. With the AC on you lose about 3 miles of range. What the Q5 is is not a larger Q3. The Q5 is better built, uses better internal materials and the MMI is significantly better. I went for the 20" wheels with the 45 profile tyres. With the state of the UK roads, any lower profile potentially damages the wheels. I have no wireless charging pad but I don't care as it is slow and where the phone goes there is a USB-C. I have no side assist but then that's what wing mirrors are for. My first long journey will be at the end of this month when I am doing a return journey from Leeds to Norwich in Hybrid mode.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is one of the reasons I got a hybrid. Analysing my journeys, 95%+ of them are less than 22 miles return. Now I only travel about 8000 miles per year. A couple of decades ago it was about 29000 per year. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 Audi Q5 S line 50 tfsie with Comfort & Sound pack and Panoramic Sunroof
41 Posts
Hi there. Fully agree with you re the comparison between the Q3 and Q5. I had been originally looking at the Q3 hybrid but was put off by the small petrol engine hauling round the extra weight when the battery was depleted and the lack of quattro drive.

Will be interesting to hear what you achieve on your longer journey. Recently I did a 220 mile round trip. Fully charged at the start the car recorded 58mpg on the outward journey. On the outward journey I used auto hybrid linked to the sat nav. I didn’t attempt to recharge at my destination and wasn’t particularly light on the accelerator yet still achieved 41mpg on the return journey. Like you, most of my journeys are short can be completed on battery alone so I’m happy with the result - near gti acceleration with super mini economy😀.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information, I will feedback early next month. As a matter of interest did you use the ACC? I am convinced that this should improve the economy. Also, how do you link the auto hybrid to the sat nav?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered mine on 20th October 2021. I took ownership 2nd August 2022. Almost 10 months. A major factor affecting delivery is component shortages. I have a good dealer who regularly provided updates as the user tracking has been disabled.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ah thats great you're quite lucky. I have mine placed through a lease company which aren't great with updates and I have to keep chasing. It would be great to deal direct with someone who can get updates straight from Audi but I have to keep going through someone. Latest I am told is it's week build 43!

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try and find out what the build status is which would give you a better idea of where it is. Please bear in mind that from the shipping dock it can take 6 to 8 weeks to get to you.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh.... Build status 10 means that they have allocated the parts but not started building it yet. When it gets to 20 it means that there is a confirmed build week. Once it gets to 38 it is on the shipping dock. These numbers are very granular so it goes directly from 10 to 20 to 38 etc. 10 is not so good, 20 is better and 38 is good. There is no defined time between the statuses.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh.... Build status 10 means that they have allocated the parts but not started building it yet. When it gets to 20 it means that there is a confirmed build week. Once it gets to 38 it is on the shipping dock. These numbers are very granular so it goes directly from 10 to 20 to 38 etc. 10 is not so good, 20 is better and 38 is good. There is no defined time between the statuses.
Thanks for that. Gosh that is worrying I am still status 10 and have all that time from when it moves to 20.

·
Registered
2021 Audi Q5 S line 50 tfsie with Comfort & Sound pack and Panoramic Sunroof
41 Posts
Thank you for the information, I will feedback early next month. As a matter of interest did you use the ACC? I am convinced that this should improve the economy. Also, how do you link the auto hybrid to the sat nav?
Unfortunately I don’t the ACC option, just standard cruise control. It’s quite easy to set up smart hybrid with your sat nav. Firstly set your journey on the sat nave then toggle the EV button to “Auto Hybrid” and the car will do the rest. On my recent outward 110 mile journey I arrived at the destination just as the battery range went to zero. Page 118 of the manual (if you have the same one) explains and shows the symbol that should have on the VC if correctly set up.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have just charged the almost empty battery with just 1 mile left. I have a Hypervolt 7kW charger. It took just under 2 hours to fully charge to 32 miles.

·
Registered
Q5 55 TFSIe Competition
9 Posts
Hi TPD Welcome to the Forum.

After ordering my 55 TFSIe last November I got build status 30 on 20th July. Dealer told me that meant the car was made and ready to be shipped from Mexico.
1st August it showed as sitting in Emden in Germany with DELAYED status, awaiting CP8 Chipset.
I gave the delaer a push on Monday and he told me on Tuesday morning the status has moved to 38, in the port ready to ship to Grimsby.
It really can change that quick.
Now sitting here tapping my fingers and hoping to pick up from dealer probably around the 5th September.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went on a 23 mile round trip on EV only. The first time I did not use the ACC and I achieved 57.5kWh/100ml. The second time I used the ACC and I achieved 42.3kWh/100ml. I wonder if ACC has the same type of improvement for fossil fuelled cars?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi TPD Welcome to the Forum.

After ordering my 55 TFSIe last November I got build status 30 on 20th July. Dealer told me that meant the car was made and ready to be shipped from Mexico.
1st August it showed as sitting in Emden in Germany with DELAYED status, awaiting CP8 Chipset.
I gave the delaer a push on Monday and he told me on Tuesday morning the status has moved to 38, in the port ready to ship to Grimsby.
It really can change that quick.
Now sitting here tapping my fingers and hoping to pick up from dealer probably around the 5th September.

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for the information. That's really useful.
Mine is the 50 TFSIe so fingers crossed they're slowly going through batches.

Thanks again and hope you love your car when it arrives!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts