Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have just bought a 2yr old Q5 3ltr. It was only about two weeks old when a stability programme fault appeared on the dashboard while turning on the ignition. The yellow light for ESP then stays on until you drive around 20m or so then the fault clears. Audi have had the car in and looked at it but can't find anything. Has anyone experienced this before or know what may cause it?
When the fault first appeared the garage suggested it might be due to snow build up but it's been mild for the last two months so I don't believe it's related.

Thanks for any input in advance!

·
Banned
801 Posts
Do you have the original air filter for engine

Believe it or not it can be a cause, because the MAF sensor is giving wrong information computer car

If Audi dealer found nothing, it could be temporary error

Reactions: Chopper

·
Banned
842 Posts
Different Marque but my Focus St also reported an ESP system fault due to a combination of an air leak and a crack in the intercooler.

Perhaps the Audi systems are the same? Worth checking.

Ford wanted to fit a new ESP module at £1200.

Cost me £50 for a spot weld to the intercooler in the end...

Reactions: spijun

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yep........!

I had this fault in Nov and it was fixed by fitting one of the ECUs. Detail is in one of my old posts. And the same or similar fault is being fixed next week.

If your garage plugs it in and sends the file to Germany they'll tell them what to do

1 - 4 of 4 Posts