Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi folks have been admiring this forum for a while.especially came in handy for choosing my spec list so thank you in advance!
order is finally in.sept delivery hopefully:)
Glacier white, HHA, HBA, memory seats, B&O, park advanced, leather pk plus, interior lights n storage pks and bench seat plus.
Was contemplating sq5 but would have spent more on options. I think 3.0 should hopefully have enough kick for me . I've only test driven the 2.0 177hp

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi and welcome.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi q5galore and welcome. I also only tested the 2 litre, liked the car but wanted a bit more power, hence I selected the 3 litre like you. Do I regret not going for the SQ5, probably not. I've no problem overtaking safely and it's got sufficient power for all classes of roads. Many SQ5 owners may try and persuade you otherwise! Best wishes....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear thanks for the info. Did anyone opt to have the auto glym done at dealer or did you go with own detailer?

Reactions: q5galore

·
Registered
884 Posts
I went with my own, dealer wanted £800 for Autoglym, see the two links in my signature.
Scroll down on the first one and there is a picture of my car, the second is a link to the detailer.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I got the Autoglym, was included free of charge and they were adamant there was no reduction if I said no thanks. Have to say I have been very pleasantly surprised, it was well applied and the car looks great. Did top if off with a coat of quality wax after two months.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I also got the Autoglym thrown in as part of the deal. Incredible they were trying to charge £800.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all.

·
Banned
489 Posts
It has to be the detailer every time. There are plenty of posts on here about them in general and a few in particular. My own spent 6-7 hrs undertaking a 'new car detail' at my home. No dealer spends that much time (or takes so much care) whether it's 'free' or not. I used Autodetox in the Midlands: http://www.autodetox.co.uk/

·
Registered
706 Posts
You won't be dissapointed with the 3.0, and my wife gets 36mpg. we are big supporters of alcantara seats, a no cost option.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard 😄

·
Registered
159 Posts
You won't be dissapointed with the 3.0, and my wife gets 36mpg. we are big supporters of alcantara seats, a no cost option.
Ditto I also have the 3.0tdi and very pleased with it averaging 34mpg here with a lot of local driving and the extra power is great for overtaking

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ditto I also have the 3.0tdi and very pleased with it averaging 34mpg here with a lot of local driving and the extra power is great for overtaking
Good to hear:) I think this is going to be a long 3 months. Cant wait until its here!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi q5galore and welcome. I also only tested the 2 litre, liked the car but wanted a bit more power, hence I selected the 3 litre like you. Do I regret not going for the SQ5, probably not. I've no problem overtaking safely and it's got sufficient power for all classes of roads. Many SQ5 owners may try and persuade you otherwise! Best wishes....
I find this pretty amazing..with such an outlay, why wouldn't you test the actual model you are buying??
Was it due to none being available for a test drive ?
I average only 34 mpg in my 2.0 177 diesel, which I find slightly disappointing compared to official figures
However, went for a 350 mile return journey to Scotland yesterday, just driving it as I felt like, up to 90-95mph at times, and returned 39mpg, so that wasn't bad.
The speeding tickets will no doubt cancel out the decent economy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I find this pretty amazing..with such an outlay, why wouldn't you test the actual model you are buying??
I average only 34 mpg in my 2.0 177 diesel, which I find slightly disappointing compared to official figures
However, went for a 350 mile return journey to Scotland yesterday, just driving it as I felt like, up to 90-95mph at times, and returned 39mpg, so that wasn't bad.
No 3.0 in my local dealers. Im fine with opting without testing the actual 3.0.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I drove a friends 3litre after placing my order, but still soon enough to cancel my order if necessary. I did the same with my last car as well .... ordered an Evoque prior to test driving it (ok, I got that one wrong!). But it was 3months prior to first production run.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Fair enough, there must be just such a difference though, that's why I'd want to test drive.
Completely different engine- V6. massive performance differences.
Technology must certainly have advanced from my younger days (even more than I thought) if these claims of similar mpg figures are true.
Can only be on motorway driving surely? a 3.0l V6 must be heavy on juice around town?
The basic laws of physics still state that in reality, you don't get anything (extra power) for nothing.

And by the way, I'd be one of the few who would opt for the 3.0l S-line plus over the SQ5

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm not driving thar much in town, mainly A roads with single and dual carriageways. In comparison to the 6 spd auto in my last 2.2 SD4 Evoque, I'm delighted with mpg. Also much more frugal than my Freelander manual 2.2 tdi.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dealer phoned to confirm still on track for sept 1...man this waiting is hard

1 - 20 of 27 Posts