Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was involved in an accident last week where a third party drove into my car.
Insurance assessors viewing tomorrow - think it may be a write off....

Poor car - I guess it's another 15 weeks or so to order a new one.
What is the latest build dates anyone?

Thanks

·
Banned
842 Posts
Sarg so sorry to hear this hope you are ok. When I picked up my car in Nov dealer informed me they were back on a 6 month wait again...

I used a company called Europa accident management when someone crashed into me and they handled my claim impeccably. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Piece of metal at the end of the day but I'm sure it was your pride and joy. Good luck getting it sorted mate.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was involved in an accident last week where a third party drove into my car.
Insurance assessors viewing tomorrow - think it may be a write off....

Poor car - I guess it's another 15 weeks or so to order a new one.
What is the latest build dates anyone?

Thanks
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope ot gets sorted soon.

I put my order in a week before Xmas (2011). The delivery date has been given as end of March. Not got a build week yet. More in line with the 15 week wait you mentioned. Please keep us posted on the assesment. Best of luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I ordered the Thursday before xmas and was given a build date of week 9. This is still current at the moment - I suspect the lack of orders is speeding up individual deliveries a tad?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I ordered the Thursday before xmas and was given a build date of week 9. This is still current at the moment - I suspect the lack of orders is speeding up individual deliveries a tad?
I better check with my dealer then. Will update any developments.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You won't want it before March 1st I guess, so first week of March looks feasible - I expect mine by early April (I think 9th is the cut off date for the deal I have, with Audi price support etc?).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry to hear your bad news. Don't suppose you had a collapsible spare in the boot that you could pass on for a small price? Just paid £50 for replacemnt sealant following a puncture and been quoted almost £500 for a collapsible spare from Audi. Should have specified the spare when I ordered!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't sorry.
This was an issue I had as the sealant is frankly rubbish on any vehicle.
Also it is a shame that, had I known that at time of order I would have specified the spare as a £100 option and not a £500 dealer option afterwards.
Try asking your friendly sales person @ Audi to order a spare collapsable one for a demo vehicle and you will pay the £100.
It worked for me as I complained this should have been highlighted at time of order.

Worth a try??!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts