Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car has been built and hopefully I will pick it up in a couple of weeks.
I ordered the car in 24th of november in Norway (through dinbilpartner.no and Watford UK) and the car was ordered from the Audi fabric in january 2011. This has been a very long wait with no build information for the first 4 months, then delays because of the tsunami in Japan (what they said anyway) and suddenly it has been built and shipped to UK without warning.

The 8 months (++) of waiting has made me loose the enjoyment of buying a new car, so I hope it will be worth the wait. I tried to change some options during the wait, but was informed from my dealer that it was no possible, despite what have heard from other members on this forum.

Anyway, here is what I am waiting for; 2.0 diesel 143 bhp, manual with:
  • s-line (Far better look, and the daytona gray is just amazing!)
  • alcantara - black/silver (Love alcantara, because it's not cold in winter nor hot in summer).
  • comfort package (Electric tailgate, BT and cruisecontrol - nice to have)
  • sound package (B&O, AMI - love listening to music and this is a must)
  • heated front seats (It's cold in Norway during the winter
    )
  • tyre pressure monitor (must have, I would rather not have it, because I've heard it's not very reliable during winter)
  • net partition (Nice to have when filling up the trunk with stuff)
  • Tech package high (Love the MMI and I will remove the VIM-warning with Vag-Com)
  • Privacy glass (Nice for the kids and looks better IMO)
  • Panoramic roof (Excited about this one, but i think I will like it. Because of the black interior, I think this will add more light)
  • leather package (leather in armrests/doors - makes the interior a bit more exclusive)
  • towing (Must have for me)
  • side window blinds (Nice for the kids)
  • Interior light package (Makes the interior more exclusive)
  • 3-zone climate (Nice for the passenger and kids)
  • Storage package (Lockable glove compartment and some more places to place stuff. I ordered it mainly because of the net behind the front seats)
  • Rear bench plus (The most important about this one is the hatch in the rear seat where long items will fit)
  • High beam assist (Nice to have, I guess)
  • ADS with damper control (This one is because of the stiff dampers with standard S-line. Having the ability to adjust dampers is rather nice)
  • Electric front seats with memory (Love the memory setting. Hate adjusting the seats when my wife has borrowed the car)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally! It has arrived.
Picked it up this morning, and it is absolutely fantastic to drive.

I am delivering it for sealing of the paint this evening, using something called Permashine.
Will come back with more pictures and a review later on.

BTW, it had a small scratch in the rear bumper and the AMI AMI cables was missing. Pretty annoyed about it. Argh!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Very nice, I've ordered the same combination. What do you think of the B&O? Is it too quiet? I heard BOSE in an A4 which was amazing and then ordered my A5 Cab with B&O but was dissapointed with the max volume, I figured this could be due to it being a cabriolet and therefore went for it on the Q5 but I'm not sure what to expect. Also, did you get a spare wheel with yours or the foam?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very nice, I've ordered the same combination. What do you think of the B&O? Is it too quiet? I heard BOSE in an A4 which was amazing and then ordered my A5 Cab with B&O but was dissapointed with the max volume, I figured this could be due to it being a cabriolet and therefore went for it on the Q5 but I'm not sure what to expect. Also, did you get a spare wheel with yours or the foam?
http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/870-bang-and-olufsen/

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The B&O is great when you get used to it. It will play loud enough, but you need to do some adjustments to the default settings. See the thread that Mark Strong linked to.

I didn't get the spare wheel, just the foam. I cross my fingers that I won't have to use it
This is one of the options I would have ordered if I could change the order. The other one would be the carbon inlays.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks great, i got the same colour! If i had the choice, i maybe would have chose those alloys too, still happy withe the 7 spokes though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
How are you finding the 143? To me even the 170 is underpowered for a car of this weight to the extent that I'm seriously considering trading it for a 3.0 (or maybe a 35d X3...). From now on I will always look to save on options and spend on the engine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How are you finding the 143? To me even the 170 is underpowered for a car of this weight to the extent that I'm seriously considering trading it for a 3.0 (or maybe a 35d X3...). From now on I will always look to save on options and spend on the engine.
IMHO it's really not that bad, but I guess it all depends on your expectations.

I went to the mountains last weekend with the family and the Q was packed. It was no problem overtaking other cars at 60 mph. The torque is nearly the same as the 170, which I guess matters most at lower speeds.

I saw a post from a tuner who claimed that when they tested 140 vs. 170 Audi enginges they often concluded that the 140 had a little more power and the 170 a little less than specified.

I tried a 3.0 which was very fast, but in Norway it's insainly expensive and of no use on the horrible roads we have here.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I love the 143, 45mpg from day 1 and enough grunt to get you around. With fuel costs likely to keep increasing it's a safe bet for the future. If I was looking at the 3.0tdi I would have gone for another Q7, the discounts are so large they are almost the same price as a Q5 plus you get great finance rates from Audi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts