Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only two months into ownership and the brushed aluminium effect trim on the doors are already suffering at the hands of my one year old with small "scratches" appearing on them where she bashes them with monkeys/seals/rabbits (delete as appropriate!). Has anybody found a product that will protect the trim from
this kind of abuse or do I have to resort to some type of clear film that I'll need to cut to shape and attempt to apply without bubbles?!

·
Banned
842 Posts
This has happened to the area surrounding my gear stick gator due to the Mrs' handbag. My plan was to cover it with carbon fibre when it bothered me too much. What about a clear vinyl wrap or something of that nature and have it professionally fitted?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Brushed aluminum interior trim on Audi cars is really vulnerable to scratches and even small dents.- the best solution is to use 3m bumper film - it's UV stable and doesn't go yellow over time http://www.3mventureshield.co.uk/what-is-it/. I don't have kids (aside from myself) and still managed to damage it....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, had looked at a clear vinyl wrap but it only seems to be available via professionals who fit it for bonnet/bodywork protection. I guess they might fit it for my purposes if I pay them enough money!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
You can buy kits to protect parts of the car. (e.g rear loading sill) These come with a big bit of clear film just chop it up to fit. Or e-bay as suggested.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brilliant! Thanks chaps. Only question now is how easy it is to affix properly so there's no bubbles etc. I've been in touch with an approved 3M center this morning who say they'll happily do the work....just waiting for a quite to see how much more expensive they are compared to the DIY route

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's pretty easy to do small, flat bits yourself. It gets hard when you are doing big complex shapes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts