Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

looking at getting a new pressure washer - deals on Karcher K2 & K4 out there but is the K4 worth the extra?

Probably get a snow foam lance and do both cars on a Saturday - will the K2 handle that with some patio cleaning in between?

If anyone has these models I would appreciatte feedback - thanks!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've got a K4 and PA snow foam lance from Polished Bliss. Both aren't cheap but do a great job...

·
Registered
952 Posts
What is the hose length, aim for a hose of 10 metres so you don't have to move the washer or risk it tipping over by overstretching.

Nilfisk also get great reviews and are reported to be built with better components.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
For patio cleaning with a Karcher get a Dirtblaster lance, wickedly effective though ultimately buggers the top surface of the slabs...especially cheap ones....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - looks like they come with 4m/6m hose max - both deals I have seen come with the dirtblaster lance.

Still comparing the deals that are arround out there but will need to get it before the Q5 arrives - latest date was the 12th....................

·
Registered
433 Posts
Nilfisk all the way better than the rest out there on the Market for price. We only have to change out lance o rings as we disconnect it all the time great machine.

·
Registered
952 Posts
4m hose would be useless on a car the size of the Q5 unless you want to keep moving the machine which is a pain. 6m still too short in my opinion but depends on where you are setting the machine. Mine has 10m hose whch when fully extended lets me work right round the car without pulling hard on it. Also look carefully at the materials in the hose, the Karchers tend to come with a plastic type hose which can split very easily, I went through a few of these before replacing with a proper rubber hose which is loads better.

The Patio cleaners are the job for slabs, keeps a lot of the spray better contained.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have a K2 with the snowfoam lance and a 6m extention hose giving 10m in all.

I have the dirtbuster lance as well like this one

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys - hose extension/Nilfisk research added to list of things to research while awaiting the Q5..............

·
Banned
842 Posts
Also in the market for a pressure washer (sorry for the hijack by the way) as I need to give the patio a blast.

What wattage would you guys recommend?

This seems like a good deal with all of the accessories included. 1650w sufficient you reckon or should I go for the new 2100w version which is double the price?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7420449.htm

·
Registered
884 Posts
Also in the market for a pressure washer (sorry for the hijack by the way) as I need to give the patio a blast.

What wattage would you guys recommend?

This seems like a good deal with all of the accessories included. 1650w sufficient you reckon or should I go for the new 2100w version which is double the price?

http://www.argos.co....ber/7420449.htm
Hi Chopper,

The Karcher K2 I have is 1400W and cleans our flags with ease.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Cheers.

Looks like I have a winner as I have some argos vouchers to use.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
No issues with using a power washer on new (or even old) paintwork?

·
Banned
842 Posts
Providing you don't use the washer in one spot for too long or on peeling paint you'll be fine.

Reactions: Ransman

·
Registered
884 Posts
If it is the Katcher use the vario lance and NOT the dirt blaster, it will strip paint.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I use an 8 litre garden sprayer to rinse the car but it does not have a lot of power behind it.

I was pleased to find on Saturday, having picked up some dirt from the 100 mile first-day drive, that the garden sprayer on it's own removed the dirt very effectively. I suspect that this may have been down to the Autoglym paint protection.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nilfisk all the way better than the rest out there on the Market for price. We only have to change out lance o rings as we disconnect it all the time great machine.
I got a Nilfisk a year or so ago due to all the positive comments. The pressure is nothing to write home about (maybe I got a cheap model) and the patio tool broke on the first use after about five minutes.... I am now using the Nilfisk to clean the car, and an old warhorse Karcher to do any patio and drive cleaning duties (even a guy from hydro-dynamix a local professional cleaners commented on how good the karcher was I was using...)

·
Registered
952 Posts
The old Karchers are made of better stuff than the new ones. Mine is easily 10 years old, going well, was £400 when I bought it so it was not a budget machine.

If you buy a new pressure washer for £100 you really can't expect a lot in terms of performance or longevity.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Getting a loan of a Karcher this week-end not sure what model it is but hopefully help me decide which way to go....

·
Registered
203 Posts
You can buy longer hoses for the Karcher washers, I have a 9m on mine. Park the pressure washer at the front of the car and easily gets round without pulling on it.

MT

1 - 20 of 41 Posts