Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After my previous thread and doing much research I'm going to order the tunerdomes premium interior light kit for the Q5 to upgrade all the bulbs to LED's, also going to order the licence plate bulbs as well. They are error cancelling LEDS so will not bring a bulb out error unlike some of the cheap ebay equivilents.

Costs $156 dollars for the interior light kit (£99) and $30 for the licence plate LEDS (£19.21)

International shipping is $20 but wondered if any other members were interested before I placed my order and we could maybe get a group buy discount?

Details of whats included below but heres a link to the website - http://www.tunerdomes.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=130
Product Information
UPDATED 12/04/2011
* Premium Error Canceling bulbs added to set to eliminate the "always-on glow"
* High Power E/C bulbs now provide better fitment in all sockets
* brightest & highest quality full set available on the market
* with LEDs, always shop on quality, not on price

18 piece PREMIUM Error Canceling interior set includes the following
for your 2008 - Present Q5:

==========================================

2 x part# 6418 - uses 36mm Error Canceling LEDs - Front Dome
2 x part#
194 Wedge (T10) -
uses Error Canceling LEDs - Front Reading / Map
4 x part# 194 Wedge (T10) - uses Error Canceling LEDs - Rear Reading / Map
2 x part# 6418 - uses 36mm Error Canceling LEDs - Visor / Vanity
4 x part# 194 Wedge (T10) - uses Error Canceling LEDs - Puddle (Door)
1 x part# 194 Wedge (T10) High Power LEDs - Glove Box
3 x part# 194 Wedge (T10) -
uses Error Canceling LEDs - Hatch/ Cargo

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point Rich - is anyone interested as I'd like to place my order before christmas time?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi chopper

Def interested in the number plate bulbs as it looks like they are a bulb replacement rather than a complete new fitting.
I'm also interested in the interior set but have concerns they may be too bright. Also it's unclear to me if the interior bulb set is bulbs only or if some are fitting/housing replacements. New bulbs are ok but I'm loathed to start replacing the standard fittings.

Cheers

·
Banned
842 Posts
Spike i've placed the order already as no one had replied. Email them and see if the can add to my order also mention myaudiq5 and they'll knock 5% off...

·
Registered
64 Posts
No problem. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the interior lights once fitted.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looked at these a while back but decided not to take the plunge so would be interested in your opinion on fitting and results. Pics would be great too.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spike / Swainey,

They shipped the LED's on Thursday via UPS so I'm hoping they'll arrive next week before we go off to Lincolnshire for Xmas. Got both the number plate LED's and the interior light pack. Will get them fitted over the holidays and post the pictures up with a "how to" (hopefully with my new Cannon SLR I've asked santa for!

The only bulbs I'm left looking to replace are the front fogs as Tunerdomes dont do replacement LED's for the fogs...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Chopper

The fog bulbs are the one thing that I have upgraded on the q5. In case you are looking for recommendations I have fitted Xenonlook H11 12v 55W bulbs. I have had great value out of these bulbs as I originally fitted them to my A5, then the S5 and now the Q5 so they have seen some service. They look so much better than the standard yellow bulbs and IMO is a must upgrade.

I bought mine from http://shop.xenonlook.com/index.php?page=Article.View&article_id=10

Don't try removing the fog surrounds by pulling them off as indicated in the owners manual, instead use this method -
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Project_Drivinglight.html although I removed a third torx to avoid bending the liner too much.

Good luck and don't forget to post your pics.

Cheers

Spike

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice one Spike. Will look at doing this in the new year.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excellent work Spike. Fingers crossed we get the car back tomorrow from its repairs!

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Better not do its all brand new parts haha! Picking up at 9am tomorrow morning. Will be like picking it up from new again...

·
Registered
578 Posts
We should do a group buy for the collapsable spare wheel - lot's of people seem to need one (including me!)

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good idea Kramer! I ordered mine when I bought the car for £80 after following the advice of other forum members and pleased I did seeing the cost of a retrofit. I'm sure someone could negociate a deal with a friendly dealer.

Anyway lights came yesterday so will fit over Christmas and post a how to and before and afters...

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
We should do a group buy for the collapsable spare wheel - lot's of people seem to need one (including me!)
The wheels come from verdstein (think thats how you spell it) I emailed them to ask about supplying one and they wouldnt entertain it,was told it had to be done through the dealer.

Rich

·
Registered
578 Posts
How much am I looking at for one from the dealer?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was quoted £447 from dealer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great idea on the spare wheel group-buy! Haven't I read somewhere on here about a chap buying one directly from Germany for less than half the UK price ? That deal combined with some additional discount for a small number of wheels would work out reasonable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts