Reactions: Pseudonym

·
Registered
122 Posts
NIce little demo there.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Interesting. My wife finds it a stretch to reach the tailgate but I can't see why that would be a problem with an electric closer?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Interesting trick - but it is all explained in the owners handbook

However I would like to hear from other electric tailgate user on this little issue. The owners handbook says there are 3 ways to open the tailgate. 1. the key. 2. the switch on the drivers door and 3. the handle on the tail gate. 1 and 2 work fine, but the handle on the tail gate clicks, but does nothing else. Any ideas? or am I missing something?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not 100% sure, but I think opening by handle is only active within few minutes after unlocking the door or swithing off the engine (security precaution, so nobody can open the tailgate while you're stuck in traffic). Another option is that switch in the handle is just broken...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Our's opens if you use the handle, haven't timed it to be honest although the car is set up to lock itself after a period of inactivity so the tailgate wouldn't then open

Reactions: paulfrom10rtl

·
Registered
31 Posts
Finally cracked it - went into the MMI/car/setup/ central locking and turned off the tailgate lock - now works manually, as well as automatically.

Reactions: cheekychappie

·
Registered
294 Posts
Does that mean the tailgate doesn't lock when using the key fob then?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does that mean the tailgate doesn't lock when using the key fob then?
Nope - it locks when all the doors lock and....it now opens manually when the other doors are unlocked. The problem before was that it could only be unlocked/opened with the key or interior release button.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I open mine manually, all good. inside in the drivers door, all good.

If I use the key fob, and open ( even if the rest of the car is locked) it opens, I press the button to close, and the boot locks automatically once closure is complete. It will then reopen by the handle once the central locking is depressed to unlock the car.

Hope this helps.

P.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another old thread, but if anyone is still watching, I never got the electric tail gate with my car and was wondering if I can get it retro fitted and if so, how much?

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Anything can be retrofitted, but at what cost? Audi are expensive and generally not very helpful. You might want to try a good local independent. Not many members on here from NSW to advise you on that.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ive been quoted between £1,100 and £1,500 (two different quotes that is) and both will include drivers door buttons and remote access but for that money i will keep swinging on the tailgate

·
Registered
258 Posts
Interesting trick - but it is all explained in the owners handbook

However I would like to hear from other electric tailgate user on this little issue. The owners handbook says there are 3 ways to open the tailgate. 1. the key. 2. the switch on the drivers door and 3. the handle on the tail gate. 1 and 2 work fine, but the handle on the tail gate clicks, but does nothing else. Any ideas? or am I missing something?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Have a look in the MMI, if I remember correctly there is a setting that disables the external handle of the tailgate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've got It...I was only flicking key fob...needs to be held for a couple of seconds to operate tailgate..

Thanks anyway

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've got It...I was only flicking key fob...needs to be held for a couple of seconds to operate tailgate..

Thanks anyway
I thought you had it working on the key (1), but it was the tailgate handle you had trouble with? Confused.

Glad you got it sorted anyway

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts