Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just fitted a dual lens safety camera into the car and a gps tracker. Both are very good. The camera runs of the front ash tray power socket. I would like to wire in and feed off the back of it.
Does anyone know how to remove the front socket without breaking any tabs on the trim etc.
should the socket in between the front seats by the rear ash trays also work. I can get it to or is it a /240v supply. Cheers phill

·
Banned
801 Posts
Send me your email address in a PM.
I have the PDF size is 5MB but cannot attach it here - because of the limits

For your information all the Q5: 12V socket with 15A

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've just fitted a dual lens safety camera into the car and a gps tracker. Both are very good. The camera runs of the front ash tray power socket. I would like to wire in and feed off the back of it.
Does anyone know how to remove the front socket without breaking any tabs on the trim etc.
should the socket in between the front seats by the rear ash trays also work. I can get it to or is it a /240v supply. Cheers phill
Can you share some info about the GPS tracker that you use and the connection you made. If you prefer you can send me a pm. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sadly the tracker I bought was returned, although the idea is good.

It cost £35 and you put a SIM card in it. Charge it up and either set it up to reply to a call and it sent a reply through google maps or in this case it would not sending them, despite commands to stop.
The battery was supposed to be good for 45 hrs. I left it on to see and only got 20.
I thought it would be a cheaper option and it was intention to have it plugged into a power point when the ignition came on, but hidden away.
The idea was good, but the unit wasn't the best. I'm still looking for you. There are some with a 90 hrs stand by. I know you get what you pay for, but I like gadgets.
The dual lens camera is very good, wish I'd gone for one with gps logging then if req you can show the speed etc.
phill

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sadly the tracker I bought was returned, although the idea is good.

It cost £35 and you put a SIM card in it. Charge it up and either set it up to reply to a call and it sent a reply through google maps or in this case it would not sending them, despite commands to stop.
The battery was supposed to be good for 45 hrs. I left it on to see and only got 20.
I thought it would be a cheaper option and it was intention to have it plugged into a power point when the ignition came on, but hidden away.
The idea was good, but the unit wasn't the best. I'm still looking for you. There are some with a 90 hrs stand by. I know you get what you pay for, but I like gadgets.
The dual lens camera is very good, wish I'd gone for one with gps logging then if req you can show the speed etc.
phill
Thanks for your reply!

I have one of these cheap trackers and mine the battery is poor too... maybe 15-20 hrs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts