Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just put a deposit on a 3.0 Tdi S Line plus 66 plate. I tow a Bailey Unicorn Cadiz caravan currently with my Freelander Metropolis and I'm looking for a bit more grunt and a little less "bounce" than the Freelander. I'm looking to fit a Westfalia detachable towbar, has anybody any towing experience with this combination and does the towbar work OK with Alko stabiliser fitted to the Bailey. I have had a test drive and the torque this machine has is fantastic so I'm hoping it will be an excellent tow car. Any comments on towing would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hi All,

Just put a deposit on a 3.0 Tdi S Line plus 66 plate. I tow a Bailey Unicorn Cadiz caravan currently with my Freelander Metropolis and I'm looking for a bit more grunt and a little less "bounce" than the Freelander. I'm looking to fit a Westfalia detachable towbar, has anybody any towing experience with this combination and does the towbar work OK with Alko stabiliser fitted to the Bailey. I have had a test drive and the torque this machine has is fantastic so I'm hoping it will be an excellent tow car. Any comments on towing would be appreciated.
Mine has the factory bar, I was slightly concerned as the ball sits quite close to the bumper but the Alko hitch fits fine. You'll probably have slightly more clearance with an aftermarket bar.
It's a great towcar, just keep a close eye on your speedo!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I offer no info about towing, but I do offer a heartfelt congratulations on the new car. I'm loving my 3.0L TDI S-Line

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hi, Ronnieh,
I've been chasing Westfalia since the end of July, they have been waiting for Audi to grant permission to market their tow bar kit for the new Q5. When I last checked they expected to be able to supply in December and promised to call me. I just checked and they still only list the older Q5.
66 plate is the 'older' 3.0tdi Q5

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi TGR,

It is a Mk1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now the proud owner of 3.0 TDI S Line Plus. Wow this engine is fantastic, effortless power, very hard not to have a heavy right foot! Loving the car so far (only 3 days) looks great in Glacier White. Next job is to have a towbar fitted and see how it tows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts