Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, newbie here but like what I see!

Been looking at the XC60 and Q5 as my first 4x4/SUV now we have a 6month old daughter and the Q5 is certainly standing out despite the higher initial purchase cost

Test driving the new MY13 2.0 auto on Thursday so may be ready to place an order shortly (will only be SE spec as can't really afford the bells and whistles S Line gives)

Has anyone here purchased through Drive the Deal in the UK or similar brokers? They current quote about 10% discount to RRP and I've heard good things elsewhere but interested to know if it still works all with Audi. Alternatively anyone able to recommend good dealers open to negotiation? My local dealer was reluctant to even discuss discounts today and stated the brokers are not worth the effort.. ..then again he would say that!

·
Banned
842 Posts
I think a few people on here have used drive the deal, orange wheels have also been mentioned. Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, test drive today and very impressed....if i decide to go ahead am going to try going direct to a few dealers first with Drive e Deal quote and see where it gets me.

I'm building my final spec now and couple of questions if I can;

I've read somewhere that you cannot use the iPhone connected to Bluetooth to make calls AND connect it to AMI at the same time? Has this been correcte in the MY13 cars or was there some other problem with iPhones and the Audi system?

Sat Nav....the car I test drove today didn't have it. On the tech pack low I know it doesntincludeclane guidance but does the nav give audible instructions as well as pictorial? £1500 seems a hell of a lot to pay for what's in essence a stripped down garmin (albeit with other MMI benefits)?!?

The dealer said prices are likely to rise at the end of the month (annual increases). Is October normally the time of year for these rises or was he using scare tactics to get an order on the books?

Cheers

Reactions: biryets

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
There are a number of options available for mobile phone preparation, your dealer will explain. I would suggest you read the Audi brochure carefully. One can make calls with iPhone via Wifi, listen to music and use sat nav all at the same time. The satnav does give very clear voice instructions. There are demo videos on YouTube. I do not know if one can stream music from iPhone and make a call at the same time, but why would you want to? You might want to test a.n.other car with the options you want?

There is an issue with iPhone and Audi Connect. There is a.n.other post about this.

Audi satnav is ridiculously expensive, but I regret not specifying it on my Q5.

No idea, if and when there will be a price hike?

·
Registered
343 Posts
we got a quote from Drive the deal back in 2009 but in the end managed to secure a reasonable deal though our dealer, not sure if it is still possible to get 10% off from a dealer now?
My iphone 4S can be connected via the AMI and still make and receive calls, however I am hoping the 2013 MY car will allow bluetooth streaming as well.

Sat Nav is good and integrates well but as mentioned before is £2K as part of the Technology pack which we have.

·
Banned
842 Posts
If you can stretch to the tech pack go for it, I know its alot of money for a Sat Nav but it works very well, also includes live traffic updates free of charge. Also think resale time - £30k + car with / without Sat Nav - which would you choose.

The iPhone can be plugged in and used for bluetooth as the phone ringing cuts the music off anyway.

Good luck whatever you decide. Coming up 12 months since we picked ours up and love it!

·
Registered
130 Posts
we got a quote from Drive the deal back in 2009 but in the end managed to secure a reasonable deal though our dealer, not sure if it is still possible to get 10% off from a dealer now?
My iphone 4S can be connected via the AMI and still make and receive calls, however I am hoping the 2013 MY car will allow bluetooth streaming as well.

Sat Nav is good and integrates well but as mentioned before is £2K as part of the Technology pack which we have.
Bluetooth streaming is supported on my2013

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! Just about to try placing an order with a broker as local dealers weren't willing to discount more than about 5%

As i dont now feel right asking my local dealers questions, a couple more for you guys if I may.....

Does the standard "Bluetooth phone prep" allow voice control or do I have to upgrade to phone prep low?

What does the interior light pack give....do I not get ANY as standard?!

Do I need auto hill hold on an auto?

quote name='MrRob' timestamp='1351017296' post='17567']

Bluetooth streaming is supported on my2013
W

Is that on an iPhone Mr Rob? I've heard you can do it on certain phones with sim sharing profiles but not the iPhone?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh.....and can anyone confirm rear bench seat plus still has isofix attachments? I always though isofix was built into the chassis?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
After owning my Q5 for two weeks I can say that I am very pleased with almost all aspects of the car. The only thing I am disappointed with is the Sat Nav in the tech pack low. Only 5 digit postcode is a real pain, it does not recognise some very well-established roads, and it has routed me some very strange ways including through a pedestrian precinct in Gloucester last weekend! I am not surprised that the better spec satnav is now the only option.

Stranexuk - I don't have hill hold assist on my S-tronic. There doesn't seem to be a need for it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Rear bench seat does have isofix. We do have hill hold assist (auto handbrake) and find it extremely useful considering the small cost. I have had instances where I had not enabled it and when stopped on a hill it is pretty difficult to move your foot from brake to throttle without rolling back and applying the electronic brake manually is a pain. The auto handbrake means when you come to a stop you can release the foot brake and sit happily until ready to move off whilst not sitting there on the bite point of the cutch - remember it is a convention clutch gearbox not a slushbox auto.

I'll try streaming Bluetooth from my iPhone tomorrow if I get a chance and let you know.

As regards discount we achieved over 10% ordered in June delivered September, I wouldn't have thought things had changed much in that time. I think the key to bigger discount is finding a dealer who has placed orders on the factory but does not have customers for them yet, you just need to ensure they are still spec changeable.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
We do have hill hold assist (auto handbrake) and find it extremely useful considering the small cost. I have had instances where I had not enabled it and when stopped on a hill it is pretty difficult to move your foot from brake to throttle without rolling back and applying the electronic brake manually is a pain. The auto handbrake means when you come to a stop you can release the foot brake and sit happily until ready to move off whilst not sitting there on the bite point of the cutch - remember it is a convention clutch gearbox not a slushbox auto.
Interesting - I haven't found an instance where I would have found it useful to date. Is it on really steep hills where you find it helps?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Off the top of my head I am not totally sure but certainly remember a few instances of rolling back slightly. We have a long trip away this weekend so I will pay attention and report back

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've read elsewhere that HHA is not "compatiable" with Stop/Start which comes as standard with the MY13 5's......anyone able to elaborate further?

Mr Rob....any joy with streaming from Iphone over bluetooth?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well I have stop/start but no HHA and have not had any problems doing hill starts so far. Can't think that the stop/start activated when I was stopped on a hill though. I must find a quiet hill to experiment.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've read elsewhere that HHA is not "compatiable" with Stop/Start which comes as standard with the MY13 5's......anyone able to elaborate further?

Mr Rob....any joy with streaming from Iphone over bluetooth?
Didn't get a chance today but have a 1000 mile trip starting tomorrow so will test for sure.

I think you are correct about HHA not working with start/stop as I had not been informed but when you come to a stop using the foot brake the engine cuts and the handbrake applies. However when you release the foot brake (purpose of HHA) the engine restarts. So if you keep your foot on the brake, no issue but does make HHA a bit redundant.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Didn't get a chance today but have a 1000 mile trip starting tomorrow so will test for sure.

I think you are correct about HHA not working with start/stop as I had not been informed but when you come to a stop using the foot brake the engine cuts and the handbrake applies. However when you release the foot brake (purpose of HHA) the engine restarts. So if you keep your foot on the brake, no issue but does make HHA a bit redundant.
So let me get this straight....with stop/start on a hill, you come to standstill using foot brake and engine cuts out, auto hand barke applied. Then release footbrake, engine restarts but auto hand brake stays applied until you press accel? If so, then like you say, kind of makes HHA redundant unless stop/start doesn't cut in because engine too cold etc in which case you can just manually flick the auto handbrake anyway? Sorry...just trying to get my head around it....although "only" £65 every penny counts!!

On a different subject, anyone got opinions regarding privacy glass and/or manual blinds? Was thinking of getting both but thinking privcacy on S Line with black interior would make already dark interior even more gloomy? Have read elsewhere that privacy deosn't actually cut out much radiation, just visible light in which case blinds might suffice whilst giving me option to have them up or down? Have a 8mth old daughter so obviously want what's best for her but don't want her sitting in the gloom all the time!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I am thinking that if Audi sold a vehicle that ran backwards on a hill when moving from the footbrake to the accelerator they would be getting a number of claims from disgruntled drivers. The manager at the Audi garage told me he didn't think it was necessary so I did not specify it. I drive with push/pull hand controls so can apply only the brake or the accelerator so I do hope that he was right. So far I have not found I have needed it.

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
I always apply the handbrake at rest, so see no need to have HHA.

If you usually sit with foot on brake, I can see it would be a benefit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts