Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Picking up the Q5 on Friday and have a lonnnng checklist to go through. It strikes me that I'm not entirely sure on how to check if certain options are fitted before driving away and hoped that forum members might help me out?

Collapsible Spare Wheel - can I just lift the carpet in the boot and see it?
AMI Cables - is it just iPod or iPod + USB cables that come with AMI?
Voice Recognition - does it need setting up or can I just push the button on the steering wheel?
Interior Light Pack - where are the extra lights situated?
High Beam Assist - How do you activate it & does a light or some other sort of indicator show up?
Tyre Pressure Monitor - How do you activate/check this?

The others on my list are pretty obvious to check.

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure about the last three but:

Wheel should be just under the boot cover.
I only got iPod cable - however salesman did ask what type of player I would be fitting so he may have made a choice for me.
Voice recognition - Just push the button.

Have fun on Friday

·
Registered
480 Posts
TPM - there is an option on the MMI i think under the 'Car' options

Interior Light Pack - not sure what the Q5 spec adds but you may probably find lighting under the interior door handles (normally red). Also believe it adds 2 red LEDs above the the rear view mirror part of roof i.e. v close to interior / map reading lights which shine towards gearbox. Footwell lighting is sometimes part of the light pack (again apols not sure of Q5 std spec etc)

AMI cables - now i wasnt allowed to choose etc but was handed a pack with 2 cables in (lucky for me the 2 i need) ipod and usb connections

Voice control as mentioned above....push the button

(and i cannot remember what else you asked now)

Anyway enjoy pick up on Friday and heres to many enjoyable miles in your Q5

·
Registered
147 Posts
Auto high beam comes on after you activate the lights onto main beam the first time each trip

kc

·
Registered
143 Posts
Auto high beam comes on after you activate the lights onto main beam the first time each trip

kc
Not sure about the first 3 but,

LED Lights under the foot-well in front and back, Red lights in door handle not easy to see in daylight and I'm not sure if this is part of the pack but white LED lights under door mirrors!

I had two MMI cables one USB and one iPod

Make sure you get the roof rails and bag!

also a bottle of champagne, chocolates, flowers for the wife, free cleaning stuff, free servicing, and a bag of jelly babies or was that just me

Hoggy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Picking up the Q5 on Friday and have a lonnnng checklist to go through. It strikes me that I'm not entirely sure on how to check if certain options are fitted before driving away and hoped that forum members might help me out?

Collapsible Spare Wheel - can I just lift the carpet in the boot and see it?
AMI Cables - is it just iPod or iPod + USB cables that come with AMI?
Voice Recognition - does it need setting up or can I just push the button on the steering wheel?
Interior Light Pack - where are the extra lights situated?
High Beam Assist - How do you activate it & does a light or some other sort of indicator show up?
Tyre Pressure Monitor - How do you activate/check this?

The others on my list are pretty obvious to check.

Thanks!
spare wheel - under the floor; easy
AMI cables - given 2 ipod and USB; they gave it to me just before I drove off
Voice - jusr push button
Interior light pack - got it (I think); got sunroof; havnt driven car in the dark yet! But should see it by having some red lights in the door when open; lights on the vanity mirrors / glove box and lights in the air vents/footwell; havnt seen the latter 2 yet
HBA - havnt got
TPM - under MMI

Quick hint - if you go round before they hand over there is an A4 ring bound folder which is predelivery checklist for PDI; that lists ALL fitted options plus a description; it is supposed to be removed prior to handover but they left it in mine

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for all the replies! I have thought of one more - sports suspension. I believe the only way to check this is to look for the "1BV" code in one of the provided books - is this the service book or the manual? and where is it printed exactly?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for all the replies! I have thought of one more - sports suspension. I believe the only way to check this is to look for the "1BV" code in one of the provided books - is this the service book or the manual? and where is it printed exactly?
if you have Audi Drive Select that is mentioned in both the pre-PDI documentation shown and in the service manual rather than the suspension codes and the suspension is sports

If you dont have Audi Drive Select then the suspension codes are mentioned in both the pre-PDI documentation (with explanation or what the options are) or in the Service manual (without explanation of each code)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts