Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some advice on how to do this.

To enable me to play songs on my iPhone through mmi I connect the iPhone via the cable in the glove compartment.

Is there another was to do this via Bluetooth?

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I play mine via bluetooth by default - I can't remember which option you need to do it though, its either 'bluetooth phone prep high/low' or the Nav based MMI, or a combination of these.

It's easy to tell, go to 'Tel'>Settings>Bluetooth>Bonded Devices>Select your iPhone>If you have an option to connect as Audio device, do it!

Otherwise you can get one of these... http://www.viseeo.co...=0&hidShowID=15
You can simultaneously connect our iPhone to it via bluetooth for audio, and the car direct for calls still.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I connected via Bluetooth to enable my iPhone to make and receive calls but don't know if I can play music this way.

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I connected via Bluetooth to enable my iPhone to make and receive calls but don't know if I can play music this way.

Thanks.
You need to follow my instructions to check... There are multiple 'profiles' that you can connect your phone via bluetooth with, by default it only does the 'handsfree profile', so you need to tell it you want the 'audio device profile' as well.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Works on all BT options.
doesn't work very well though - you need play lists setting up, or when it completes the song or album it just stops!

Only real or useable way for using iPhone is via AMI, HDD/SDcard is a much better and more controllable option.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I use Bluetooth as I use Spoitfy rather than the built in Music app so it's very convenient for me - still shows track/artist info and can skip/pause etc. Plus I don't want the cable from the glovebox to the armrest...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I managed to get it sorted thanks.

The only problem is that is just plays random songs than being able to choose a particular playlist or album which makes it pretty useless.

Reactions: Snow Man

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I managed to get it sorted thanks.

The only problem is that is just plays random songs than being able to choose a particular playlist or album which makes it pretty useless.
Just play an album/playlist from the phone, you won't be able to change album/playlist via the MMI controls, I suspect it defaulted to playing the 'songs' which is an alphabetical list of all your tracks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just play an album/playlist from the phone, you won't be able to change album/playlist via the MMI controls, I suspect it defaulted to playing the 'songs' which is an alphabetical list of all your tracks.
Thanks for your help, appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts