Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New to this forum but have found the advice useful so far so thanks for that.

Hopefully, if the price is right, will be ordering the 2.0 TDI S Line Plus in phantom black with a few extras - exact options tbc!

The dealer mentioned that there is a long lead time at the moment which I assume is mostly correct, as well as a ploy to get me to order asap. He also mentioned that Audi were considering slowing down orders for other countries to assist with the backlog.

I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure folk will give you plenty of ideas of the options to add. Apart from a heated steering wheel (which Audi don't do), I'm more than happy with the selection of my options.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Welcome, where in the country are you and what lead time have you been quoted.
Regards

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome mate

·
Registered
884 Posts
Warm welcome to you.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard 😄

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome to the font of all knowledge on the Q5. This fantastic forum.

ordered mine similar model and spec last October still told march delivery. Fingers crossed....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered my S-line plus with a few extras last week & have been quoted a build date of w/c 10 March with delivery mid-April. This will be my 3rd. Q5.

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Welcome to the forum

If you want a faster delivery you will need to shop around. Try to find a dealer who has pre-ordered a car which can be changed to match your spec.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi, Welcome.
I ordered an S-line plus on New years eve, and apparently it's arriving early April.
just had confirmation of that yesterday, but as it's my first dealings with Audi, not sure how accurate 'confirmations' are.

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
In my experience some dealer promises are just to sucker you in. Once you have an Audi confirmed build date, usually very accurate.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yep, I think I was suckered in by my dealer, said he could deliver end of March which was one of the reasons I placed the order (could have bought it slightly cheaper but delivery wouldn't have been until July) - week after placing my order he said it's now gone back to delivery first week of May (based on a build week 15). Very clever little sales tactic

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Absolute liberty,I'd b fumeing,and b chasing the exta discount u could have got @ other dealer 😄

·
Registered
814 Posts
I was just informed, by e-mail from my salesperson, that build date has been brought forward from week 11 to week 9, so arriving early April.
As yet, no reason to doubt her.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
That's better ,I noticed ur in kent, I get 10% from bexley Audi so 4 future purchases of Audi, so bear in mind 😄

·
Registered
185 Posts
@ Daza69 - could have done with knowing that before I placed my purchase with Bexley Audi!
- although to be fair, the sales guy there is good, and feel I got a decent deal

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Ricksy, I'm glad you got good service at Bexley Audi. I wasn't so lucky and ended up buying from Maidstone Audi.

I haven't decided yet if I'll go to Bexley for servicing...

·
Registered
185 Posts
@ SQ5 nic - what went so wrong at Bexley Audi?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Over a 4 year period 3 different salesman cocked up test drives of 3 different cars...

The last one was an arranged test drive of a SQ5, but when I got there the salesman was nowhere to be seen (they finally tracked him down at home) and the service manager had taken the SQ5 home... The staff there thought this was funny...

To make matters worse after a 30 mins wait they let me drive a car that had been sold earlier that day. (I didn't find out until after driving it).

Would you want people test driving a car that you had just paid for?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts