Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Got car yesterday guys.,,,, only 10 weeks from order to pick up....7 miles on clock...Bridgestone tyres

Really chuffed with It, huge step up In quality from previous Qashqai, glad to be back with Audi (Qashqai only non VW/ Audi car I've ever owned.....Ok I'm allowed one mistake.

I opted for the 150BHP manual S Line Plus...., over 177BHP Auto, S line, both same price,,

So far I don't regret it, not really looking for blistering pace, just comfort ,space and style,(and toys) got all In abundance..

Pick up was smooth from Glasgow Audi, the sales manager even came down to Introduce himself during handover and I managed to blag a set of the nice premium mats with stitched Q5 logo..bonus,
40 mile drive home on motorway @ 70mph averaged 40mpg..happy with that..

First Impressions.. Pro's...
Ride quality Is superb even on 20" wheels, on a local road I use everyday I'm usually have to slalom down It to avoid the worst of the uneven surface, Q5 glides over no probs.
Flexible gearing... pulls well from low revs, means simple right/ left turns can be made In 3rd gear..
Performance... haven't booted It yet but so far it seems fast enough for me..(low expectations probably)
The interior space - even with my seat position (I'm 6ft 1") there Is still plenty room for the kids.
So glad I opted for the "off road" wheels..look the business
Alcantara/leather another choice chuffed with.
Manual gearbox Is slick with a nice short shift.
Rear bench seat , think this Is going to be very handy
Pleasantly surprised to get... cross roof bars with nice Audi bag,

Con's
Off set pedals... pretty severe, hadn't really noticed before,, though does leave plenty of space for the left foot rest..
Steering... may be a little vague on motorway, minor corrections needed to keep a straight line
Tailgate,,, have raised It to highest setting , still have to duck slightly when walking round to side of car..sore head not far away!!!
Boot space...not as big as expected though not bad..
USB,, would have liked one under centre arm rest..

Overall delighted, looking froward to many happy miles..

I didn't seem to get a service book to stamp, Is It all done digitally now? as have a service schedule for vehicles with Digital Service Schedule..

Bit of a numpty re.. getting pics on here, might give It a try,
It's a standard Phantom black S Line Plus that you have all seen many times before..

Cheers

·
Registered
768 Posts
Nice write up.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Congrats 😄,can't say I've Everett noticed the offset pedal,but I hsv auto ,so may b it's just a manual thing,are u sure uve raised tailgate to max,as I'm 6 ft and never cum close to banging my head,I used to wen it was factory set,but adjusted via you tube,I never read manual ,lol,ur rite bout the steering,ur getting good mpg,well u got a long weekend now to enjoy it 😄

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congrats ������,can't say I've Everett noticed the offset pedal,but I hsv auto ,so may b it's just a manual thing,are u sure uve raised tailgate to max,as I'm 6 ft and never cum close to banging my head,I used to wen it was factory set,but adjusted via you tube,I never read manual ,lol,ur rite bout the steering,ur getting good mpg,well u got a long weekend now to enjoy it ������

·
Registered
814 Posts
I opted for the 150BHP manual S Line Plus...., over 177BHP Auto, S line, both same price,,
Congrats on new car !!

Without me delving into the prices & specs guide or website, how does this work?
Are all 2.0l manuals 150bhp, and all automatics 177bhp? or is there both bhp options on both models??

If the latter, surely the 150bhp manual can't be same price as 177bhp Auto can it??

I don't know, I'm just asking.

Aha.. quick edit, just noticed the difference, you got the S-line plus as opposed to S-line on auto, my mistake.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats ������,can't say I've Everett noticed the offset pedal,but I hsv auto ,so may b it's just a manual thing,are u sure uve raised tailgate to max,as I'm 6 ft and never cum close to banging my head,I used to wen it was factory set,but adjusted via you tube,I never read manual ,lol,ur rite bout the steering,ur getting good mpg,well u got a long weekend now to enjoy it ������
It's where the tailgate sort of juts out at the edge of the rear lights...

I find myself having to duck slightly when walking back to the drivers door...even worse when I'm wearing my "heels" LOL

·
Registered
884 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
It's where the tailgate sort of juts out at the edge of the rear lights...

I find myself having to duck slightly when walking back to the drivers door...even worse when I'm wearing my "heels" LOL
lol, use photo bucket to load pics í ½í¸„

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice one Ronnie. Will look out for your new wheels in Prestwick. You should maybe ring and check about the service book. I've not heard of any policy to go 'paperless' on this, and I'd expect most people to want a physical record of the cars service history.

No hurry mind, you've ~20k miles of fun or 2 years till you need it, whichever comes first!

Edit: It looks like this does indeed replace the service book: You get a printout instead, but no service book. Can't say I fancy that at all.

·
Registered
116 Posts
10 weeks, my wait is almost 5 months,

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Congrats mate

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am using an adapter I bought on ebay that plugs into the socket under the arm rest that gives USB sockets and additional power offtakes.
Good point Ransman, I will investigate,

Cheers

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts