Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last its arrived! Slight issue two stone chips on bonnet not at front but half way up then nearer windscreen. Im awaiting dealer response. What your thoughts? Its panther black, will they match the colour if they respray?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jase, hope you are enjoying it other wise.

Not sure a spray job will work, usually has to be the whole panel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car is great. Engine is fantastic with only a 100 miles on clock. It can only get better. If they reprayed the bonnet is it gonna match rest of car? Been panther black im not so sure neither is my broker!

·
Registered
39 Posts
If it's just a stone chip then surely a smart repair would be the best solution. I heard that Audi dropped Estoril because of matching problems (not sure how true that is), Panther is also a crystal finish and might therefore be difficult to match.

·
Registered
952 Posts
How bad are the chips? I really wouldn't want the full bonnet painted unless they were really bad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Morning

Mine is Panther black, and after a close encounter with a pigeon smacking the drivers wing mirror, mirror glass then banging down drivers door, I had to have the dents repaired and panel repainted.

My local Audi dealer uses the the bodyshop of the VW dealer next door (same group) but the colour match is superb!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The chips are small. You have to look closely at it to see them. Yes im sure a smart repair will be fine. Its when you pick up a new car you dont expect it having stone chips! They should of been sort pre delivery! Should of got a detailer to prepare the car rather than let dealer do it, will do it next time. Which dealer did you use NDL666?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I wouldn't have it repainted - it will devalue the car.
Get a smart repair, or just touch it up yourself.\

However, get use to it, you're going to be doing it a lot with black.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Give it a few miles and those chips will be joined by a few more friends! But as you say I wouldn't expect to see them on a new car but guess it can happen easily.

·
Registered
884 Posts
If they are tiny then I would agree something like chips away would be a good solution.

My Mercedes ( silver) had a lump of cement fall on the roof putting three dents abot the size of a 50p piece and it also chipped the bonnet near the wind screen.

The whole roof and bonnet had to be re sprayed, it would not have blended in if it was localised spraying.
It did not devalue the car at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its either a detailer to do his best on the car or respray the bonnet. Ive gone with a full detail of car.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Wow, that's a tricky one. Many years ago I picked up a brand new Impreza with the same issue. It ended up being just touched up. I wasn't too keen on the repair initially, but over a short period of time it gathered further stone chips (this time my fault), and the initial chips were soon forgotten by me. However, I believe your dealer should offer more than just a professional chip repair on a nearly £50k car.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I agree on any brand new car you wouldn't put up with a scratch on pick up so the same should apply on stone chips,but ad long as dealer makes good and you can't see them anymore,happy days 😄

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got car back after a day with detailer. What a makeover! This is how audi should deliver new cars. Not a swirl in sight, really makes the panther black look how it should! Shame it rained on way home!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Nice 1 ,get sum pics up 😄

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fingers crossed theres a photo with this post!

Attachments

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Nice 😄

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Dealer prob being doing test drives in the car and someone got too close to a car in front.
I'd hold off, having black its only going to keep happening - have it done once you have the dartboard look.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts