1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
@ last a good review,lol,must show my pal with the v8 cyanne jeep ,we play trumps on our cars ,with what toys the have and performance 😄

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Haha! My last car is #4 - not sure what this says about me! Tight fisted petrol head!?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Great, but if we're honnest the BMW X3 35d should be there as well

·
Registered
157 Posts
Haha! My last car is #4 - not sure what this says about me! Tight fisted petrol head!?
Jose you had an M135i? How do you find the performance of the SQ5 in comparison? I've seen very few M135i on the road - they sound sensational and apparently there's very little in it between them and the V8 M3.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Jose you had an M135i? How do you find the performance of the SQ5 in comparison? I've seen very few M135i on the road - they sound sensational and apparently there's very little in it between them and the V8 M3.
Well funny story - when I first got it, my mate hired an M3 for the day to piss me off - he literally called a hire company and asked what is quicker than a 135i and they said, you'll need an M3 to beat that sir!
So I can tell you quite precisely the difference - the M3 is quite a bit quicker... Needless to say, that was a fun day!

The two cars are apples and oranges - both have 300bhp, but the SQ has buckets more torque, however its extra mass make it similar in straight line speed.
In the corners its obviously totally different due to weight/centre of gravity/rwd vs 4x4 - the BMW I had to feather a lot in the corners to keep the tail in, the SQ you just plant it and enjoy!

I wanted something more practical but with similar performance (and by that I mean, overtaking performance) - so from that stand point going from the BMW to the Audi was perfect for me.
I then bought an MR2 to replace the track day fun I had in the BMW (mine was a 135i M Sport convertible - not the M135i hatch, but same engine etc, just different bodyshape).

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Weheyy another good one
Feels good seeing Cayenne V8 Diesel on there but further down than my beloved SQ!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Found a pic of us enjoying the day!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Found a pic of us enjoying the day!

Interesting coloured M3 - the e9x M3's are such good looking cars, would have loved one on my driveway but alas the missus wouldn't go for it. 2 months until I get my SQ5 after a looooong wait. Nice to know the mpg numbers are 'real world' too going by the whatcar tests and reports from owners on this forum. Doubt there's much else out there that has similar price/performance/economy. The only other potential vehicle I found was the 335d xdrive but the SQ5 is a nicer all around package particularly with the noise they make. Roll on March!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Strange the SQ5 (and Q5 TDI) is not even listed as luxury SUV despite them reporting better economy than the others they recommend. http://www.whatcar.c...?HAYILC=RELATED I don't know why we put any trust in these car rags?
Looks like the cars they're comparing are in the size above the Q5?

'This week we're looking at the most economical large SUVs..'

Would the Mercedes ML, Range Rover Sport and Volvo XC90 not be more comparable to the Q7?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Interesting coloured M3 - the e9x M3's are such good looking cars, would have loved one on my driveway but alas the missus wouldn't go for it.
I ribbed him about the colour all day!
In the sun I have to be honest it looked pretty cool, like bronze.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
What colour was your 135i Jose? Gorgeous blue...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
What colour was your 135i Jose? Gorgeous blue...
Le Mann Blue - exclusive to the 135i (at the time at least). It was having this that put me off Estoril, otherwise would probably have considered that.

Reactions: ray.afzal

·
Registered
529 Posts
Snowman! Hello..... Very quite from your end lol.
Only joking mate, its just their comment saying if you want near super car performance, same comment i made.

Anyway i love the bronze colour José. Saw a bmw in that colour in France last year and it looked the dogs with its privacy glass. Even my daughters 23 year old boyfriend loved it so it wasnt just the budweiser overdose.

Picked up a speeding ticket in the SQ last week, not had one for many many years. Going to fast to attend the speed awareness course as well which i am sure is interesting. José did yours ever come through or did you get away with it?

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Wilf my pal with the v8 diesel cayenne noticed that comment at the end,that his is the best SUV around,his stands him in nearly 93k with mods,I don't think we're on the same page,the macan will b a real comparison 😄

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Snowman! Hello..... Very quite from your end lol.
Only joking mate, its just their comment saying if you want near super car performance, same comment i made.

Anyway i love the bronze colour José. Saw a bmw in that colour in France last year and it looked the dogs with its privacy glass. Even my daughters 23 year old boyfriend loved it so it wasnt just the budweiser overdose.

Picked up a speeding ticket in the SQ last week, not had one for many many years. Going to fast to attend the speed awareness course as well which i am sure is interesting. José did yours ever come through or did you get away with it?
No - never got one, from the one I posted about here, or the one about 3 weeks ago. Was following my Dad and expected him to know his local roads and where cameras might be, we charged past a cop with a gun a fair bit over the limit - I called him and said 'Look forward to your ticket Dad' and he hadn't even noticed!! Seems the cop wasn't that bothered though as not had a letter!

·
Registered
529 Posts
No - never got one, from the one I posted about here, or the one about 3 weeks ago #33;
Better class of plod down your area then

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Better class of plod down your area then
It was actually in Hertfordshire... Tis classy round there I agree!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts