Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone getting a creaking sunroof when it's in closed position on a dry warm day? Stops when either opening just up as well as back. Of course only when driving along too!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Is anyone getting a creaking sunroof when it's in closed position on a dry warm day? Stops when either opening just up as well as back. Of course only when driving along too!
Not me. Mind you, on a dry warm day mine is usually open :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
Maybe it's just saying to you "open me please"

·
Registered
343 Posts
We've got this problem as well - tilt the roof open slightly and then close and noise goes away for a while

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
This is a concern for me...I've spec'd a roof on the next SQ but I'm sensitive to creaks and rattles, if it's an issue that's incurable then it's not too late to change.....should I take the roof I wonder?

·
Registered
596 Posts
This is a concern for me...I've spec'd a roof on the next SQ but I'm sensitive to creaks and rattles, if it's an issue that's incurable then it's not too late to change.....should I take the roof I wonder?
7 months of ownership and no creaks or rattles on mine - Pano roof is a great extra (especially in decent weather of late).

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Thanks Barbyboy!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hopefully not putting a curse on it, mine is only 1.5 months old but no rattle.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Mine does have a minor rattle when open and driving around town. My X5 did the same which is a bit annoying as its an expensive option.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Ahhhh

·
Registered
529 Posts
One year one and only one squeak a few months in but nothing since

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all, hate to tell you this, mine worked fine for 3 years and the first summer since end of warranty (nov 2013) the creaking starts! Janathonbr: that's exactly how mine does, how old is yours?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Don't do it! Remember your Evoque and how it drove you mad with rattles and moans. Hence the reason I went without the pano (well partly).

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Thanks Robin, Hectorshouse,all

Yes, that doesn't make good reading at all. The challenge is the proximity of the roof and it's channels to one's ears, if there is a fault I'm going to hear it.

I've sent a note to the dealer requesting deletion and fearing becoming a PITA...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Our car is just coming up to a year old - well 1200 miles till its first service which will be at around 14,800 miles

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd be interested to know if anyone gets a fix to this problem.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I booked our car in for its first service for later in June and mentioned the roof again, I was told that the sunroof would be checked and re-lubricated at the service so we'll wait and see

1 - 20 of 23 Posts