Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washed the car today and noticed that the number plate surround black laquer is peeling off!. The car was three years old in April but would the paintwork warranty cover this?

kc

·
Registered
768 Posts
I didn't realise that the number plate surround was lacquered. Good luck with your dealer and paintwork warranty.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
The paintwork warranty is 3 years (unless you have paid to extend it for 4/5 years?).

Even if you are out of warranty I would still say you are in for a good chance of Audi at least helping to pay to fix this as there is no way it should peel like that after 3.5 years...

·
Registered
700 Posts
I dont recall my other cars having this park Laquered , i wonder weather someone has redone this previous, have you had the car since new ?

·
Registered
529 Posts
If i was arguing this one then jet washed doesn't even come into it as Audi use them themselves

·
Registered
253 Posts
If i was arguing this one then jet washed doesn't even come into it as Audi use them themselves
It depends - a Vario lance that can vary pressure is generally acceptable on car paintwork. An attachment (like a Karcher Dirt Blaster) uses a ball bearing to create extreme pressure which is more than capabable of stripping paint.

·
Registered
433 Posts
We all use power washers I bet at a distance anyway and not close up to get the dirt off before washing, it would be silly to have the ball attachment on to wash the car. As wilf mentions Audi use power washers also, I noticed you also reside in France it may have been the sun burning away at the paint work and lifting the coating and you may have been unfortunate to get behind this and the paint lifting.
My A3 is going back to Audi this week for the paint lifting on the rear bumper below the bumper where the wheel throws the dirt.

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
That is nasty looking. I shall be interested to hear how your dealer responds.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi
Yes I do use a Karcher but only the standard lance, I do have the "dirt blaster" but only use it on my BBQ!!! Car is always garaged when not being used so never out in the sun for extended periods.

I bought the car from Watford Audi new (so no previous paintwork or resprays etc) and then exported it to France (Watford Audi are the only approved LHD dealer for Audi). I will call them and then update you all

kc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts