Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys was like a kid at xmas yesterday morning prior to picking up our new car, and it was well worth the wait. As usual the service at aberdeen audi could not be faulted and the handover with graham was spot on. Only one thing else turned my wifes head in the showroom next to grahams desk was a nice V10 R8 in red at a low price of £131,450.................and it was already sold.

So with the paperwork out the way and our S4 traded in it was time to go over the SQ5......................WOW, it has some presence especially with those 21" wheels and the glacier white paint, but the bit I was really waiting for,the noise. With drive select on individual on my prefered settings the noise is simply awesome, even the wife likes the noise. It feels totally different to the S4 but the way this thing moves down the road especially mid range grunt is impressive,not stirring the gearbox just leave it in D and keep your foot planted, 80 leptons comes up too easily.

And the best bit is our MPG straight out the box has jumped up from 22 mpg in the S4 to 32mpg in the SQ5, and that was me just driving normally, going to try it on a long run for economy. I am glad that I changed my mind and opted for the carbon fibre inlays as opposed to silver inlays, the two tone leather is simply beautiful. Its a shame I cant get my Iphone 5 to pair with the WLAN but its not the end of the world, anyway enough of me dribbling

Here is our old S4, was a awesome car, shame it didnt come with turbos as opposed to a charger but hey ho

The obligatory showroom pics on collection

A wee peek at the interior

And right at home on our drive

Photos are not the best as they were quickly taken with my iphone yesterday

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Congrats!

Great colour (but then I would say that!)

Looking forward to hearing how you get on after a few miles under the belt - I'm still loving mine more and more as I pass the 4k mile mark.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good luck with your gorgious car; looooooooooooooooove the combination exterior - interior :)

have a lot of safe miles!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Look fantastic !!! Jealous !! My count down is now 2 weeks til delivery

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Give me a sec while I wipe the drool :) looks amazing, still got 2 months

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Terry ?...................... for us lucky peeps that have got their SQ5, found the zone where the exhaust sounds to me the best. Put the exhaust into full fat noise mode
and get the box into M4, and cruise at about 30mph it sounds glorious as does lifting off and just coasting in that configuration , already had a few people turn there heads thinking did that just come from that Q5

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh forgot too mention, the look of shock on the face of the S3 driver and M3 driver yesterday as they couldnt shake me on the dual carriage way

·
Registered
700 Posts
Congratulations, another SQ5 on the road !! keep em coming

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congratulations, looks absolutely fantastic. Love the leather and glad I decided to order that. Ages until I get mine but in the meantime, loving the pictures of yours! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
And well done for keeping the chrome. It looks classy.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Oh forgot too mention, the look of shock on the face of the S3 driver and M3 driver yesterday as they couldnt shake me on the dual carriage way
I keep having the same nice experiences; yesterday I was driving behind a Maserati MC Stradale convertible and no matter what he tried (shifting down 20 gears) he could not pull away. I could not pass him neither, but could perfectly keep pace.

Driving back home from Italy I did a lot of motorway tunnels in Switzerland. At a given moment I had a Mercedes SL convertible with the roof down passing me and when I floored it in a tunnel they turned heads, slowed down and drove behind me for at least 5 more tunnels, loving the sound

just to say it is and remains a very cool car to drive...

·
Registered
433 Posts
All in all the SQ5 must have a good sounding exhaust system, I have bought my last 2 Audi through Graham sound on advice and plesent to deal with. All the best with the new car looks good like the wheels...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers guys for the positive comments, yeah all the guys at aberdeen audi are spot on and graham got us a awesome deal. Been looking at getting a set of winter wheels and tyres for it and reckon dropping to 20,s will be the best bet

·
Registered
343 Posts
Cheers guys for the positive comments, yeah all the guys at aberdeen audi are spot on and graham got us a awesome deal. Been looking at getting a set of winter wheels and tyres for it and reckon dropping to 20,s will be the best bet
Congratulations on the new car, we've just come back from Car fest North and a quick trip to the Mother in law in Wales, so all in 600 miles over the weekend, refilled on the way home and found out we'd done 34.6 mpg - even the regular around town fills seem to be at 32mpg which seems identical to our old 2.0TDI

Reactions: ray.afzal
1 - 17 of 17 Posts