Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Your wife probably has a point but as I also do this at the time of winter wheel swap my wife is used to it. The wheels will look a lot better and are much easier to clean now.

·
Registered
249 Posts
No, I did the same recently. You just can't get them properly clean whilst they are on the car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks fantastic, what products did you use?

MT

·
Registered
884 Posts
Look good, just need to give the tyres a scub and polish now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Used Neilston tar and glue remover and cif to get them clean then gave tem a polish with Autoglym car polish to put a sheen on them.
I work out a yard which also has a valeting company and the other day his supplier was in and I asked him to show me some of their products.
Got Tar & Glue remover & Tyre dressing.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well worth the effort I'd say.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I do them at winter and summer wheel swap time. I don't like dirty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nothing wrong with this Vanduara, I had my wheels off 2 days after pick up to get a good layer of wheel wax applied. Makes wheels a lot easier to keep clean

·
Registered
137 Posts
No not OTT i do this to mine and the wifes car at least 2 a year i hate to see a clean alloy with a minging interior
good job that man

·
Registered
768 Posts
OTT for me, but I admire your thoroughness. I only get round to that level of cleaning when swapping winter rims for the summer ones (and vice versa).

·
Registered
203 Posts
One thing I love about the 21's on mine is how easy they are to clean, car shampoo is all's that's ever needed. Even with the size of the brake callipers the size of the wheels is easy to get right inside of the rims.

MT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts