Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
As above.

Am waivering between - Daytona and Lava grey. Black styling pack or no.

Otherwise, spec as follows - I know its all in the eye of the beholder, but interested in any thoughts / feedback on this from those in the field:

3.0tdi S Line Plus Facelift spec plus:

Audi Parking System Advanced (rear camera)
Sound Pack (B&O and DAB)
Electric Folding Door Mirrors
Heated Fr Seats
Bluetooth High with Audi Connect (Google Maps)
Piano Black interior finish

You're prob all familiar with the S Line Plus stock spec, but it includes Nav, 'tooth, rear privacy glass, elec tailgate, 20" segment alloys etc.

Generally I like grey cars - it hides dirt and marks well and looks good. For those reasons, I am generally reluctant to go for really dark colours - but on the Audi configurator, the Lava looks good!

I did look at the SQ5, but we live in London (think potholes and speedbumps) and I have generated a severe dislike of anything with hard suspension (last car was a 335d on 19"s and runflats - and found the ride a big restriction on ability to use performance) so not sure I really want the firm ride. Although the acceleration and noise sound good!

The price difference between the 3.0 and the SQ5 doesnt look massive at list, but the SQ has a poorer standard spec - add the above options and you get to a gap of about £5k - its all more cash out of the door.

So - talk to me!

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have the Lava Grey 2013 model Q5 . We swithered between the 2 and the reason we went for the Lava over the Daytona was that we never saw any other of this colour on the road. We have had it for 6 weeks now and still not seen another Lava Grey one. We have seen plenty of Daytona Grey Audis. It also matches the titanium wheels we got as well.

Ross

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Daytona with silver wheels without a doubt and no to the black pack.

I'd (personally add)
LED pack
TPMS
Rear Bench
Advance Key

I'd drop
Piano Gloss
BT High

·
Banned
801 Posts
Excellent choice,
I would have added
-20 x 8.5J '5 Segment' design alloy wheels in Titanium Optic finish with 255/45 R20
-Tyre pressure indicator
-Interior light package
-Rear bench seat plus
-Audi hill-hold assist
-Daytona Grey

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If you are concerned about the resale value than go for the Daytona Grey, but having seen the options you have specified I don't think that is of concern to you. Go for what you prefer.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Very nice...I wanted those titanium wheels but sales wouldn't budget on getting them to aus
Daytona grey is def. the choice

·
Registered
221 Posts
Definitely Daytona with silver wheels !!!

No black pack, it's a passing fad (unless you're a closet Knite Rider fanatic)

Like Henry Ford, I have always been a "Black" car man, but went for the Daytona Grey this time as i think it suits the Q5 very well especially with the 20" Off road design alloys.

Had a Lava Grey A4 once and always looked at it thinking it just wasn't right, to dark to be Grey and not dark enough to be Black. It just seemed to be a bland in between colour.

No offence intended to owners of aforementioned vehicles, just my very humble opinion.

I have also gone for the

Heated front seats
Folding mirrors
Bench seat plus
Drive select
Hill hold assist
Parking system camera(still not convinced this was a good choice but thats for another thread)
Alcantara upholstery
Interior light pack
Homelink garage door opener
Underfloor storeage tray

·
Registered
221 Posts
Interested to hear any more thoughts on this. Seemed to work quite well on a quick go in the dealers demo car, but didn't play with it a lot.
I've started a new thread, any thoughts welcome

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello I have just received 3.0TDI s-line daytona grey - it is really great. Engine is so powerful and s-tronic is the best gear I've every drive.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Am in the same boat.... waited patiently to be able to order an SQ5 and realise you get more for your money with an S-Line Plus. Personally I like the black edition and titanium wheels (on Glacier White), and I'm even partial to exclusive seats as the package is not that much for the two tone leather. At the back of my mind though I would still want the SQ5, and I've been told that they will be delivered late 2013 / 2014 eek!!!!

I could not configure a flat bottom steering wheel on the configurator, yet it is there in the brochure (for an S-Line Plus)...??

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I found that with the spec I wanted, for a little more I could get the same spec SQ5 which has one or two extras not available on the Q5. I cancelled my Q5 S Line Plus order. I expect to take delivery of my SQ5 in June.

I guess it is about choices and if I am going to spend £50K on a car, I would rather wait for the one I really want.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I found that with the spec I wanted, for a little more I could get the same spec SQ5 which has one or two extras not available on the Q5. I cancelled my Q5 S Line Plus order. I expect to take delivery of my SQ5 in June.

I guess it is about choices and if I am going to spend £50K on a car, I would rather wait for the one I really want.
When did you make your order? Because I have been waiting months to make an order, and I think it was the 25th November IIRC when I popped in and they said they 'should' be able to take an order the following week... and now apparently delivery 2014!?

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Hi Marky,

The SQ5 order book opened on 23.11.12 and I confirmed my order 26.11.12.

Where are you and which dealer said that?

Happy New Year

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am pretty sure it was the 25th we went in and test drove the bi-turbo A6, and they looked on the system and said that the electronic brochure had just arrived, and 'should' be taking orders the following week. I'm in Maidstone, so Inchcape...

Happy New Year to you too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts