Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally placed my order today via car-finance.net - for me they offered the best combination of discount and finance.

Supplying dealer is Maidstone Audi which is great news as we are both in the same county. So not only can I collect the car directly but they will never be too far away if I need to visit them in person. Won't need to pay an additional delivery charge either.

So spec is:

Q5 2.0 TDI (170PS) S-Line Special Edition S-Tronic
Daytona Grey
Tech Pack Low (incl AMI and Parking System Plus)
Electric Folding Mirrors
LED Interior Light Pack
Storage Pack
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Reversible Load Mat with Bumper Cover
Full Milano Leather
20" Off-Road design Alloys

I'm still debating whether to go for the collapsable spare.

Spoke to Maidstone today and they have initially quoted a July delivery but they did say lead times are falling as Audi have moved production to another factory. No idea if this true but that's what they said.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Finally placed my order today via car-finance.net - for me they offered the best combination of discount and finance.

Supplying dealer is Maidstone Audi which is great news as we are both in the same county. So not only can I collect the car directly but they will never be too far away if I need to visit them in person. Won't need to pay an additional delivery charge either.

So spec is:

Q5 2.0 TDI (170PS) S-Line Special Edition S-Tronic
Daytona Grey
Tech Pack Low (incl AMI and Parking System Plus)
Electric Folding Mirrors
LED Interior Light Pack
Storage Pack
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Reversible Load Mat with Bumper Cover
Full Milano Leather
20" Off-Road design Alloys

I'm still debating whether to go for the collapsable spare.

Spoke to Maidstone today and they have initially quoted a July delivery but they did say lead times are falling as Audi have moved production to another factory. No idea if this true but that's what they said.

Can't wait!
Yes you should order the spare wheel.

Moving production to another factory - lol i don't think so mate.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was under the impression the Q5 was/is made at Ingolstadt, however I've no idea if they have other factories around Europe.

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
I was under the impression the Q5 was/is made at Ingolstadt, however I've no idea if they have other factories around Europe.
Hi Swainey,

Congratulations

I would add the spare wheel personally .
Cars for europe will be built in ingolstadt,i think they have shipped the car's for asia to china/india not sure which one.Who is your salesperson at maidstone audi? just make sure you cover any questions and answers by email.

Rich

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Swainey,

Congratulations

Cars for europe will be built in ingolstadt,i think they have shipped the car's for asia to china/india not sure which one.Who is your salesperson at maidstone audi? just make sure you cover any questions and answers by email.

Rich
there is a production line in India to get around import duties

they are due to start a production line / shift production from Ingolstadt to Slovakia

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Swainey,

Congratulations

Rich
Thanks. The guy I spoke to at Maidstone was Tris Day - seemed a nice enough chap. Have emailed him twice since though with no reply as of yet.

Am not surprised.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rapidcool,

Presumably you've purchased from Maidstone - did you get to choose your reg? Also do you know what prefix a Maidstone registered car has?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the advice of most on here I have added the spare wheel. So exactly what is a collapsible spare? Presumably I need to invest in a pump?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rapidcool,

Presumably you've purchased from Maidstone - did you get to choose your reg? Also do you know what prefix a Maidstone registered car has?
Do you know when you can choose your new reg from? Our Q5 is on order and is expected to be ready late March. The dealer did mention we would be able to choose the reg plate and just wanted to make sure I can chase him at the right time.

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have since been told, by Maidstone Audi, that the DVLA allocate registrations so I have no choice.

Anyone else been told this, no it to be true? I have no idea really.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have since been told, by Maidstone Audi, that the DVLA allocate registrations so I have no choice.

Anyone else been told this, no it to be true? I have no idea really.
Swainey,
In September was given the same information by the dealer. However, when I argued that this was part of the 'fun' of a new car purchase the dealer reluctantly sent me a list of the numbers allocated by DVLA to that dealership.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Rowanlaw.

I will argue the same.

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Rapidcool,

Hi Swainey,sorry for the delay we had a personal plate put straight on the car so no idea regarding reg choice,as far as I am aware the prefix is GL.

hope this helps

Rich

·
Registered
30 Posts
For every new car I have purchased I have been given a list of numbers allocated to the dealer and am allowed to choose one of those. So yes there is a choice but only from those allocated to the dealer. The timing is a few days before I have taken delivery of the car. It makes no difference to the dealer which number you choose from their list, but have been restricted to what they have been allocated.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the confirmation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts