Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after much deliberation we entered in the dealers at Audi Shrewsbury and negotiated a good deal on my new Audi. So far can recommend them highly.

Have chosen an S Line Plus Triptonic 2.0 diesel. Now the goodies......

Glacier white
Black styling pack
Piano black inlays
Keyless go
B & O upgrade
Tech pack high
Rear seat plus
Parking advanced
Fitted towbar
Interior light pack
Folding mirrors
Heated seats
Panoramic roof
Leather/Alcantara with contrasting stitching
Drive select
Hill hold assist
Storage pack

I thinks that's about it, eye watering but would have only regretted it if I hadn't ordered whatever it may of been. Brokers quoted August dealer optimistic for March 14 registration. Await their call to confirm in the week.

So exited and keep ogling the brochure and print off of the picture.....

Will soon be part of the club soon.

Yes...."..

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
V nice spec mobydick,you'll luv it wen it turns up,and these new day time running lites look the nuts and set the q5 apart from other audis

Reactions: Mobydick

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Glacier + Black pack is a great combo, congrats on the order

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops! Forgot the flat bottom steering wheel too!! Agree the combo of black and white looks, IMO fabulous. Fancied the Phantom Black too but just love the white so it won......

·
Registered
884 Posts
Saw that combo on one last week, looks really good.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good Choice Mobydick, agreed, Shrewsbury Audi worth a visit if looking to order new cars,

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice spec. I wanted white, but "we" ordered blue.......

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the Blue A3 G Dog and it brushed up beautifully so don't be too dissapointed. I just like the White option and with the black-pack should look stunning going by the Configuator programme. Waiting to hear from the Dealer now regarding delivery.... So exciting ........

·
Registered
706 Posts
Mobydick, I orderred on the 8th June and had a build date wk 50. I have been told today its now wk 6 2014, so delivery mid march 2014. Thats a 9 month plus wait. Good luck with your Audi

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi shabazmo. Understand where you are coming from. If they come through with that length of delivery I shall have to consider my options. Am sorry your dates been extended mate.....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wotcha,

Received email from dealer that March 14 is still prospect delivery date. A big disparity between build dates! Excitement mounts though..

Looking forward to 4 wheel drive as trying to pull away with current car as wet greasy roads abound is frankly disappointing to dangerous on occasion ......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Mobydick,
I'm new on the forum but have been lurking for a while researching a possible SQ5 purchase and have found this forum a rich source of information. Your post has made me break cover! I have an old E53 X5 4.8iS which will be 10 years old in the spring and time to replace it but don't want to give up the performance. SQ5 is an ideal replacement - same size, power to weight but 50% better mpg.
I live and work in London but my parents live in Shrewsbury and am heading up there tomorrow. I have always bought my cars in Shropshire as I generally don't like London dealers.
I was aiming to pop in to Audi Shrewsbury to have a look on Monday and just see how good/commercial they are. I'm not too fussed about the waiting time, would buy for cash and am most interested in the discount but also having a continuing after-sales relationships.
Would welcome any thoughts or views.
Many thanks
Gobiman

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Mobydick,
I'm new on the forum but have been lurking for a while researching a possible SQ5 purchase and have found this forum a rich source of information. Your post has made me break cover! I have an old E53 X5 4.8iS which will be 10 years old in the spring and time to replace it but don't want to give up the performance. SQ5 is an ideal replacement - same size, power to weight but 50% better mpg.
I live and work in London but my parents live in Shrewsbury and am heading up there tomorrow. I have always bought my cars in Shropshire as I generally don't like London dealers.
I was aiming to pop in to Audi Shrewsbury to have a look on Monday and just see how good/commercial they are. I'm not too fussed about the waiting time, would buy for cash and am most interested in the discount but also having a continuing after-sales relationships.
Would welcome any thoughts or views.
Many thanks
Gobiman
Hello Gobiman and welcome to the forum. I agree it has provided me and many others with a vast resource of information when choosing, researching and then hopefully owning a Q5.

In response to your query regarding Shrewsbury Audi I dealt with a man called Mathew Blackford. A very congenial young man who was willing to listen and ultimately negotiate a deal with him and his senior manager. I was happy with my deal and works out about 7% with my poor maths discount.

So if I can help again please ask away but I am happy to recommend them.... good luck.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks - I will wonder in there next week.
I'd say you've done well -7% looks pretty good in the current market and is better than any of the usual online brokers are quoting me plus it sounds like good delivery.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Gobiman. I contacted various brokers and all said August delivery so their pricing was empty as didn't wish to wait that long.

Delivery I was very specific with them that where possible I did not wish to wait until August and they specified they had ordered one earlier that week and Audi had estimated this date so for new reg plates. So will hope that this will be reasonably accurate however many of the postings on this forum indicate I may be disappointed.....

Looking forward to a 14 plate though.......

Reactions: dieseldoug
1 - 15 of 15 Posts