Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say "Hi!" to everyone, and to say I'm really looking forward to getting my new Q5. A newbie to the Q5 forum, but hopefully not for too long!

It was a fairly easy decision having tried the Freelander, Evoque, X3........ This is my first 4x4/ SUV type vehicle I've bought - hope it is all that I'm hoping for and more!

Spec I've gone for is in my signature. No delivery date yet, but I'll be happy if I see it in 2012!

Justin

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
My Audi dealer advised me against Audi connect as it does not interface with iPhone. Maybe you have a.n.other android?

Great choice, it is a great car. I hope you enjoy.

·
Banned
801 Posts
We just bought a new Q5 - yesterday in fact. A great car and we can't wait.
Congratulations on your choice and I hope that you enjoy in your car

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Audi dealer advised me against Audi connect as it does not interface with iPhone. Maybe you have a.n.other android?

I'm a BlackBerry user so I should not have any problems with the Audi connect......... It is the dreaded rSAP that Apple have not enabled on the iPhone and Audi's inability to see a world without it (or a world with lots of iPhone users).

Also, I'm on Orange, which as far as I can tell, it's the only network in the UK that allows you to have 2 SIM cards with the same number (see the following link: http://business.orange.co.uk/home/small/products-and-services/services-and-accounts/voice-services/single-number). How this works, is that basically you set the secondary device to ring 1st (car kit), and if the car is on, then the calls are routed to the car, if the secondary is off, the calls get routed to the primary device (your mobile - iPhone/ BlackBerry etc). The people you are calling still see your mobile number, and not some other number....... I've been told that even though it is only offered on the business pages, it's not restricted to business accounts only (not tested as going to wait until I have my new car before ordering this)........

J

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Thanks for the info. Having a slave SIM card in the car might be a great option for me. That could save a lot of faffing around for me. I see it is £30 connection and £3 a month for the second SIM.

The downsides would be:
1.If my wife or a.n.other is driving the car when someone wishes to phone me.
2.Orange call plans are more expensive than my current business plan. £10.21 for 500 minutes, 2GB data and unlimited text.

I understand Vodafone offer this service:
If you'd like to our email team would be able to discuss multi SIM options with you. You can get in touch by going to www.vodafone.co.uk
I shall have to consider this seriously.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Picked mine up 27th sept i had the same issue but as i had speced the sudi
Connect i ditched the iphone and bought a samsung galaxy s3 which works the bluetooth handsfree and audi connect google maps perfectly as it is meant to be. Best thing is the Galaxy is so much better than the i phone,i should have done this as long time ago.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got a build week - Week 2!!!!

Then add a couple of weeks to get it to the dealer. Why can you not just fly to Germany and collect it from the factory? What a great way to break in the new car......

What a wait this is going to be...............

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've got an even longer wait. I'm not picking mine up until March 1st as I wanted the new reg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts