Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after many questions here (thank you!) I finally placed an order today as follows;

S lIne 170 TDi S tronic
Ice silver
DAB
Rear Bench seat
Interior light package
Storage package
Tech pack (HDD)
Rear blinds manual
HHA

Got a 11% discount via a local(ish) dealer after being fobbed off by local dealers. This was just below DtD quote so I was very happy!

S line plus made more financial sense but 20" put me off as well as the "bling" factor of 20" alloys and the privacy glass looking too "imposing". I know many here will disagree but with a 8month old I figured it wouldnt benefit any heat disapation but would add to the imposing nature of the car which I wish to avoid. Figure the blinds will give the practicality whilst avoiding the bling factor

Rear bench, HHA give me flexibility if wanted whilst interior light is purely cosmetic!

Any comments on spec gratefully received before its set in stone!

·
Banned
842 Posts
Horses for courses really but we love our S-Line SE with the 20" wheels and the privacy glass. Dont think it looks too imposing personally and looks greak against the Ibis White. Whats your lead time?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely chopper. Out of interest what's your ride like on the 20s? Have you had a chance to drive on 18/19s to compare? Also interested to know how much darker the privacy makes the sline/+? With the dark headlining I was concerned it might make it very dull inside. Did consider panoramic sunroof but that added another £1k and I was concerned it would cause more heat build up in a dark interior car.....anyone got any experience of this?

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I have 17in winter tyres, 19in summer and test drove one with 20in and IMHO there is not a lot of difference in the ride quality.

The first car we bought in spain was a mini with pamoramic sun roof ............... huge mistake.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 17in winter tyres, 19in summer and test drove one with 20in and IMHO there is not a lot of difference in the ride quality.

The first car we bought in spain was a mini with pamoramic sun roof ............... huge mistake.
Thanks Missle, that's what I'm concerned about. We're seriously considering adding the pano sunroof but I'm very keen to hear from others who have it on the Q5 with dark leather interior as to how hot it gets during the summer in the UK?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Lead time not discussed as I've asked for a march delivery for the new plates and told that shouldn't be a problem

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
The new Q5 has a solid blind which should give you the best of both worlds.

I have had leather seats. I find them hot in summer, cold in winter and doesn't look very good when the leather stretches and sags.

I chose the poor man's option, leather and alcantara for my Q5.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi there,
I have been offered 8% discount where can I get your 11% offer. I live in Essex, am I close to your dealer?

·
Banned
842 Posts
Sorry Stran,

Missed your post. I only test drove the 20" wheels and fell in love with the ride. The Q is so well balanced in terms of ride quality and handling for a 4x4 and I love it if thats anything to go by - not very objective I'm afraid. Also yours will have the updated steering which would make it much more responsive as well.

I dont find the cabin too dark at all with the privacy glass and I love the contrast to the white, plus it gives the car a look of class IMHO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts