Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,been hanging around here last few weeks as I always do when looking at my new car options and think I have decided to go with the SQ5 against other offerings from BMW,Mercedes etc.
Currently own an Evoque which I ordered pre launch and have had since jan 2012,nothing wrong with it but has lost its attraction as they are now a very common sight.Must admit I bought it on its looks and ability to handle snow/ice/mud but felt it lacking in the performance department.
I hang around the range rover forums and actually recognise a few people in here from it (sure you will know who you are)this forum is very similar in there are a lot of really nice people and the usual a**holes who think think they are part of the manufacturer management staff.
My spec is as follows
Ibis white
magma red/black interior
carbon atlas inserts
black headliner
21" alloys
Pano roof
elec tailgate
reverse camera
HHA
advance key
folding mirrors
tech pack high
privacy glass
flat bottom steering wheel
heated front seats
drive select

Not into music/mobile phone etc so saved money there,anything else you think i should have?
Was looking at the my15 changes and the red caliper option sounds nice as does the diamond stitching of the interior but thats another £1000+ for both.Also liked the sound of the sepang blue but that would throw out my interior colour choice of red magma meaning only black or black/silver option would go with exterior colour and I dont fancy either of them
Have got a 12% discount off list via online broker but delivery wouldnt be until October but still have to sell the Evoque and have a lot on over the summer so no big deal really.(not placed order as yet)
Thanks again for the excellent info which made my choices easier.
regards Vinny

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ibis white on sq5 , although colour is a personal choice. I would have gone for the estoril blue if I were buying sq5. Originally I wanted ibis white on my order but I was talked out of it by this forum and the dealer. Did u consider glacier white. I think it is a nicer white

Reactions: blacksta500

·
Registered
116 Posts
You forgot electric seats, car too special to be using manual adjuster

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome Vinny, I remember you well from the Evoque forum. As user id IKM on the Evoque forum, I've also now moved across to a grown up car.

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Gr8 spec vinyl,sim to mine, I would hav the red calipers for sure 😄

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi again ,yip the seats are electric adjustment as far as I am aware and estoril is no longer available.
Saw an ibis white up against a glacier white at a dealers and didnt see the glacier as being worth an extra £600+,the blueish fleck was only visible from very close up and had a few swirls on the panels which made it look more "used".
Wanted to keep the spec similar to the evoque as I have become used to having nice gadgets,hoping to get better mpg (34.6 evoque)and an openable panoramic roof will be a bonus!
Thinking about the 4 year warranty too as seem to only keep my cars 30 months as dont like not having a manufacturers warranty and like to sell them with at least 6 months remaining,if the sq5 lives up to all my expectations I should have no reason to chop it until nearer its 4th birthday.Do you think its £500+ wasted or not?

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Hi again ,yip the seats are electric adjustment as far as I am aware and estoril is no longer available.
Saw an ibis white up against a glacier white at a dealers and didnt see the glacier as being worth an extra £600+,the blueish fleck was only visible from very close up and had a few swirls on the panels which made it look more "used".
Wanted to keep the spec similar to the evoque as I have become used to having nice gadgets,hoping to get better mpg (34.6 evoque)and an openable panoramic roof will be a bonus!
Thinking about the 4 year warranty too as seem to only keep my cars 30 months as dont like not having a manufacturers warranty and like to sell them with at least 6 months remaining,if the sq5 lives up to all my expectations I should have no reason to chop it until nearer its 4th birthday.Do you think its £500+ wasted or not?
£500 seems well reasonable fir an extra year,especially if you keep that long,and it will def help resale to still b in warranty í ½í¸„

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ibis White is a great choice, like you I couldn't see the metallic white as worth the extra money. In the sun today mine looked spectacular. The red and black interior is also fantastic.

Your spec sounds very close to mine, I went for heated rear seats to treat the kids! Also went for memory seats and mirrors as it's great if two people use the car.

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome to the forum. With regard to the warranty I think you can add an extra year or 2 years as you approach the end of the basic 3 years warranty period. Maybe someone could confirm this. Nice spec similar to mine, roll on delivery day.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice spec too. Why not share/recommend your broker as most of us have here? I'm still seeing posts of potential buyers being offered around 4% from dealers and thinking that it's a good deal!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Not sure you are going to see an improvement in the mpg over the Evoque but then in the SQ5 you will have a lot more power on tap.

My SQ5 is sitting about 25mpg with a good bit of town driving and A road stuff. On a long run last week on A roads I was getting 36 - 37 mpg and don't feel that could have been improved on by much.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Not sure you are going to see an improvement in the mpg over the Evoque but then in the SQ5 you will have a lot more power on tap.

My SQ5 is sitting about 25mpg with a good bit of town driving and A road stuff. On a long run last week on A roads I was getting 36 - 37 mpg and don't feel that could have been improved on by much.
Agreed I'm getting virtually the same

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
+1 😄

1 - 20 of 20 Posts