Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I factory ordered a new Q5 (Its my 3rd!) heavy spec.

It was built to my spec however they cocked it up slightly and left out the sound pack, so no DAB or B&O.

I was obviously not impressed however after great debate .. 2.5 hours in the dealer ship!

I decided to take the car with a discount. received the £600 sound pack refund with out question and then a further £2400 off.
(I had already negotiated £1500 off at time of purchase and a good part ex)

So all in all i am very happy, as i was never that bothered about the DAB however the B&O was a shame, but to be honest £2400 or B&O.. Well i would choose £2400 every time.

Now the point in the post!

What i do miss is the actual look of the dash and door B&O speaker grills compared to the plain black standard ones... So i was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to swap the speaker grills?

I am not trying to make my car look like it has something it does not, simply put they look better.. and with it being my 3rd Q5 i miss the look..\

Any help/advise will be appreciated..

Thanks guys/girls!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not Sure about the speaker grill issue but out of interest which dealer did you use?

I'm always nervous when a dealer can read and type an order correctly.

·
Registered
279 Posts
That must be extremely irritating? I was worried about this happening (heard of it happening on this site) as I specifically ordered B&O on my first, but on this latest one it formed part of a "Sound Pack".

In my case it arrived ok, but like the OP, I am not convinced on the benefits of the DAB radio (only use radio 2), but do like the B&O, both for the sound but equally for the looks.

I think to change the door speakers, you would have to change most if not all of the door cards. Ditto the mirror triangle speakers, but I doubt if the dash speakers could be retro-fitted?

TBH the costs to replace would I imagine, for me be prohibitive?

We had decided before collection, if anything was wrong or missing, we would walk away and keep the old car - seems we were luckier than you and our dealer contact can actually manage the ordering system?

I think you would be better off forgetting about it - just keep thinking about the £3k you have saved?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would rather not mention the dealer just yet, lets just say they are in Manchester!
Yeah as said i agree the £3000 is feeling nice this morning as it it was actually part of the deposit i was putting down so i do have the money in hand rather than less on finance, so it does feel more of a deal.

I was so tempted to walk away however today i am so glad i did not as it was a lot of personal spec including pan roof, to be honest i can live with out DAB and as of this morning really do not care about it, it was only ever a bonus because it came as part of the sound pack, i would never order DAB as a stand alone option, but as we all know options are always personal and DAB is not mine.

However i would like the B&O grills so have spoken with Audi about a retro fit of just the grills not the actual speakers as that is a massive job if it can be done at all it would require a lot of panels out and i am not a fan of that ever,for the fear of creaks and squeaks afterwards.. my worst nightmare!

Audi said they will get back to me today so ill update the thread ASAP...if it happens ill put together a post to benefit others..

Nice forum by the way!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts