Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I finally ordered..opted for q7 in the end, space really clinching it over q5.

However, having visited several dealers and being offered little more than the audi finance contribution, I tried orange wheels and loaded the spec. The audi contribution meant I would have saved 10% but using OW I saved just under 17%...meaning a few more options ;-)

The experience was great. You enter spec online, they call you back to confirm. If you have px they get approx valuation which they can only lock nearer collection. You then hear the finance deal and payments based on your term and mileage. If you are good with that and ready to order they take your card details to pass to vendor to take deposit. Within hours the dealer calls to confirm, walk through and confirm price. If you're not happy, you can cancel and get your deposit back (within a set period).

OW staff were courteous and helpful, then the audi dealer who contacted me was great too. No problem and a huge saving.

Car likely to arrive in September so experience not complete yet, but so far, so good. Have avoided all the haggling and achieved a great price. If I need to drive 100 miles to collect car then price worth paying.

The future's orange...will be doing the wife's car through this next year for sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep i bought my Q5 using Orange Wheels (collected it in late March) and had a hassle free service and saved a couple of grand off my local Audi dealers best price.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Orange Wheels = Listers group (Midlands)

Autobytel = Inchcape group (South East, South West and North West

Obviously the dealers are concerned at losing sales to internet based brokers and so, as it was explained to me, these companies set up their own.

This was explained after I questioned the salesman as to how the internet company would get their cut (as they took no personal details from me at the time of calling) and i was put through directly to the dealership in a matter of seconds.

Simples he said, we own the company!

I was told if I contacted the dealer direct I would get the usual "reluctant to offer any discount approach" however if I went through a certain internet site I would be put through to him or the same dealership who would instantly agree to the stated internet discount.

I guess this works for everyone concerned and should give some reassurance to buyers unfamiliar with using internet brokers.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Orange Wheels gave me a great price also and the staff were great, although I went with What Car in the end.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Orange Wheels gave me a great price also and the staff were great, although I went with What Car in the end.
Thanks for the pointer Rifleman, not heard of orange wheels. Have filled out form this morning and see what price they can do.

Hope they are more attentive than my dealer who was too busy to serve me then never contacted me back when details were left..... Do they deserve my £40,000, I don't think so.......

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used OW while looking for a deal on Mrs Blue's SQ5, they were very responsive and beat the best finance deal from Carwow by around £50 per month, to say I was impressed is an understatement. I ended up using a local dealer simply because they matched the price, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend OW and they were insistent that the Listers story is a complete myth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts