Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm one of the lucky ones who got one of the last 'fully configurable' Audi Q5's in 2019 when there were literally 10's, if not over a hundred, of different options or variations you could choose on your factory ordered Audi Q5 (you can see my spec in my signature).

I'm really disappointed now that it's time to upgrade that I cannot get the following options which were available on my 2019 Q5:

1) Pano Roof - no longer an option on any model and only comes standard on the Vorsprung variant.
2) Running Boards - nowhere to be seen on any new Q5.
3) Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel - not available with the Touring Pack on the new model, yet I have it on my old model with the Touring Pack.
4) Rear Heated Seats - Not an option anymore.

There may actually be a couple more things I've forgotten to mention but I do not want to order a new Q5 without any of the above.

I feel blaming Covid for "lack of the right chips" is wearing a bit thin now to be fair.

My 2019 S-Line is better equipped than any new Audi Q5 possible, except the very expensive Vorsprung.

Is anyone else disappointed with the lack of options available when ordering the new Q5?

·
Registered
2021 Audi Q5 S line 50 tfsie with Comfort & Sound pack and Panoramic Sunroof
22 Posts
Yes, I can understand your disappointment. It’s not just Q5s but across the range. I had originally placed an order for a Q3 Vorsprung last November only to have my order pulled by Audi UK days after. I then re-ordered a Black Edition but a combination of items that I had on my previous Q3 being removed from the spec and delivery being pushed out to sometime in 2023 resulted in that being cancelled also. Like you I didn’t want to be handing out £0,000s and end up with a car that was a lesser spec than I already had.

By chance I came across an ex demonstrator Q5 that fitted my needs and thought “well at least I know the spec on the car is what I’m getting “. The icing on the cake was that it was one of the last Q5s with the pano roof, which really swung it for me. Have to say very pleased with my decision😀.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I can understand your disappointment. It’s not just Q5s but across the range. I had originally placed an order for a Q3 Vorsprung last November only to have my order pulled by Audi UK days after. I then re-ordered a Black Edition but a combination of items that I had on my previous Q3 being removed from the spec and delivery being pushed out to sometime in 2023 resulted in that being cancelled also. Like you I didn’t want to be handing out £0,000s and end up with a car that was a lesser spec than I already had.

By chance I came across an ex demonstrator Q5 that fitted my needs and thought “well at least I know the spec on the car is what I’m getting “. The icing on the cake was that it was one of the last Q5s with the pano roof, which really swung it for me. Have to say very pleased with my decision😀.
Glad it worked out OK for you in the end. The Pano Roof is to die for - I literally love it! Mine is open right now in the car-park (secure) as I write this and it provides a far more interactive driving experience - I literally drive with it open nearly all year round when it's not raining and I'm not on the motorway.

It's madness how Audi have whittled their cars down to choosing variants rather than choosing options - it was one of their greatest assets in choosing Audi.

·
Registered
2021 Audi Q5 S line 50 tfsie with Comfort & Sound pack and Panoramic Sunroof
22 Posts
Glad it worked out OK for you in the end. The Pano Roof is to die for - I literally love it! Mine is open right now in the car-park (secure) as I write this and it provides a far more interactive driving experience - I literally drive with it open nearly all year round when it's not raining and I'm not on the motorway.

It's madness how Audi have whittled their cars down to choosing variants rather than choosing options - it was one of their greatest assets in choosing Audi.
Totally agree and what concerns me also is that with every new model they bring out now there seems to be a perceived reduction in quality.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally agree and what concerns me also is that with every new model they bring out now there seems to be a perceived reduction in quality.
Also - I normally like to 'upgrade' the features and add to the spec of each Q5 I purchase adding an extra option or feature or 2 n every new car - that is no longer an option and other than ordering a Vorsprung Q5 - I literally cannot order a car that meets my current spec.

I even considered going to the Q3 for options but sadly I face the same bizarre restrictions - I mean all I want is High-Beam Assist - yet that means I have to add the Driver Assistance Pack - and that means I have to do without the Flat Bottom Steering Wheel:

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

It's just madness - with no rhyme or reason from Audi and certainly no explanation.

I'm gutted really. (First world problem I know!)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No logic to it at all, they’ve adopted a very “take it or leave it additude”.
Yeah, and I'm notimpressed.

I might have to sniff around BMW, but my broker can't get as good deals on the X3 as he can on the Q5.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts