Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to place an order within next couple of weeks for an SQ5 for mrs blue for Sept delivery and would like to know what options owners are really pleased with and which ones you could do without. For the record, we're thinking:

21 wheels
Pan roof
Tech pack high
side assist
B&O

would appreciate any advice, cheers.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hello Blue62. Nice choice for the good lucky lady.

I have only had mine a couple of weeks but my thoughts are Pan Roof, nice but could live without. Tech Pack High and Audi Connect. LOVE IT!! B & O. My ears are in love with it. Side Assist don't have sorry or 21" Wheels, bet they look smart though.

Hope this may help....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Going to place an order within next couple of weeks for an SQ5 for mrs blue for Sept delivery and would like to know what options owners are really pleased with and which ones you could do without. For the record, we're thinking:

21 wheels
Pan roof
Tech pack high
side assist
B&O

would appreciate any advice, cheers.
Although not an "essential" the 21 wheels look great in the flesh and really fill out the wheel arches.
Much better than I was expecting.

It's all personal choice, of course.

Set yourself a budget and tick as many boxes as you can!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Interior light pack & Storage Pack worth having for ambiance/convenience.
SQ5 does not have Power Tailgate as standard and although looks posey it is useful/fun particularly as ladies always have lots of shopping to put in. Not trying to sound like a MCP, just realistic.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Id go tech pack high for sure - the rest doesn't bother me.
Why not go for tech pack advanced if you want side assist?

HHA, TPM, storage pack would also be a must
Heated seats.
Advance key

Interior light pack - is standard on SQ.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Evening

I've only had my SQ5 less than 2 weeks, and it was spec'd by the dealer rather than me I've got -

21" Wheels - look great
Pan Roof - love it too, if,like mine you've black leather and privacy glass putting the blind back lightens the interior right up!
B&O - again, sounds fab
I again, haven't got side assist.
Tech pack High - great

Other I DO have are:-

Electric Tailgate - really good when shopping takes over and key isn't easily to hand
Dimming mirrors - this is my 3rd audi (2 x S5's) that has had them and they're great in avoiding getting upset with twonks behind with misaligned headlights/full beam on.
Adaptive Lights - spooky - but really useful for where I live/journey home.
Drive select - hmmmm - makes the exhaust sounds great!!
Memory seats - I just get my seat sorted and it then goes in to the dealer, and comes back wit either my knees around my ears or lying horizontal so a god send.
Homelink - Don't have a garage so.........
Flat bottom wheel - useful to remind you its an 'S'
Tow Bar - I know - had to send my Top Gear fan club membership back for that one!!
Climate cup holder - as I say - specced by the dealer!!!!

Hope this helps - but as I say - I'm a newbie on here too, others may have different views

·
Registered
952 Posts
You need Audi Drive Select to give you the option of permanent nice exhaust noise. 21" wheels are a definite for me too. Pano roof I went for, pricey, have only had the car a week so expect it will come into its own in the sunny weather when there is nothing nicer than pushing the roof back. B & O I have, so far not overly excited by it but maybe need to play with settings. Electric seats also great, and heated front/rears. I ticked plenty of boxes with about 8k of extras and do think I went a bit over the top but so far can't see much I would drop. Maybe would loose advanced key, although it is nice!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Id go tech pack high for sure - the rest doesn't bother me.
Why not go for tech pack advanced if you want side assist?

HHA, TPM, storage pack would also be a must
Heated seats.
Advance key

Interior light pack - is standard on SQ.
I don't think you get side assist on TPH, just ACC and lane assist. I'm not convinced by lane assist (i have it my current car) but find side assist very useful, one of the best safety aids I've seen of the current crop. Anyone remember life before ABS? Thanks for the comments so far, heated fronts are a given with my wife!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't think you get side assist on TPH, just ACC and lane assist. I'm not convinced by lane assist (i have it my current car) but find side assist very useful, one of the best safety aids I've seen of the current crop. Anyone remember life before ABS? Thanks for the comments so far, heated fronts are a given with my wife!
My wife said I do not care what you buy as long as it has heated seats. I love the power Boot as in and out of it all day. Keyless start is good and being able to lock unlock on any of the door handles is a boon.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i would suggest the hill hold or whatever it is called - so glad i added it later at £70 if you dont get on with it just turn it off - no loss.
also the heated / cooled cup holder

if i could go back in time and select my options again the only thing i would change from my sig below add is the active cruise control.

·
Registered
202 Posts
oh and my i suggest trying http://www.carwow.co.uk/ once you know the spec you want - dealers then contact you through the sight with their offers from all over the uk - some offer free delivery others free over night hotel etc etc - worth a shot if nothing else to sense check your local??

·
Registered
877 Posts
I love the advanced Key, power tailgate, B&O, heated seats and 21s

Not got the pano roof or any assist stuff....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pano roof - Meh!
B & O sound - I love it! Makes music sound sooo much better.
Side Assist - Dont have it in my Q5 but my Volvo's BLIS (same tech) produces false positives sometimes
Tech high - What can I say? I love my tech toys!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I chose the B&O as I thought I would regret it if I didn't.

Personally the standard sound system I had in my A3 was in my opinion much better at handling the type of music I play. The same music files play totally differently in the B&O.

The A3 system always delivered a punchy sound and sounded like it had a sub even though it didn't. Also I could turn it up with out any resonance from the door cards which I sometimes get with the B&O.

Having said that, play a very high quality file and the B&O really can kick out a good sound, it's just much fussier.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The only plus for the B&O in the Q5 (other models in the Audi range are much better) is the 5.1 option.
Sound wise, its pretty much the same as the standard system, i'd even say the Audi system has better bass.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've not got a SQ5, just a simple Q5, but here is what I would make sure is on my car (this is a list for either Q5/ SQ5)....... Remember, options are a very personal thing and with Audi, you can go nuts.
  • HHA - cheap and (can be) useful
  • TPM - with a relatively low profile tyre, you may not feel a puncture, but, when the system does detect a puncture the dash does light up like a Christmas tree
  • tech pack high - goes without saying really (boys and their toys?) - make sure mobile phone prep high has been included........
  • AMI - so you can easily connect your iPod/ digital music player
  • Garage door opener (homelink) - my garage/ driveway gates are electric so made sense to order this as I can then ditch the remote fob that came with them
  • Interior light package (standard on SQ5?)
  • heated seats - front is the must, the rears are down to personal choice
  • memory seats + folding & dimming door mirrors - the dimming mirrors are so good when driving at night, and as someone else said, at least your efforts getting the seat how you like it, aren't wasted when someone else gets into your car.
  • Power operated tailgate - a must (no more dirty hands in the winter)
  • Climate cup holder - keeps your tea/ coffee lukewarm for a little bit longer!
  • Privacy glass - Q5/ SQ5 would look odd without it!
  • Park system plus - why not?
  • Rubber floor mats - so much easier to clean!!!!!

If ordering again, I would have the rear bench seat plus, storage package, side window blinds (manual), tow bar (would be handy for bike rack, and to get it retro-fitted is silly money) and the heated rear seats.

J

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the advice so far, looks like this is what we will order:

Monsoon or Lava
Black with sliver lining
Pan roof
21 inch wheels
B&O
Tech pack high
Folding mirrors
Rear bench seat
Phone prep low
Privacy
No model designation
Power tailgate
Inlays carbon
Heated front seats
Flat bottom wheel
Under floor storage (anyone have it?)
Hill hold assist

It is entirely possible that she will change her mind on colour, but given her parking skills I wanted to steer clear of Panther as I believe the crystal finish is difficult to match. Thanks for the input, nice people, nice forum.

·
Registered
194 Posts
A very nice spec, lucky lady but feel you may wish to get behind the wheel more than her.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts