Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

This is my first post and I could do with a bit of advice on some options please.

I am very close to ordering the following:
Q5 2.0 TDI S-Line 170
Ice Silver
Black Milano Interior

With these options:
Standard Suspension
Tech Pack High
Electric Seats/Mirrors with Memory
Storage Pack
Side Window Blinds
Interior Light Pack
Cruise Control
Bluetoooth Interface
B&O Sound System
Heated Seats Front

I am also considering the following options and would appreciate any thoughts on them:
Power Tailgate - quite likely to add this. Any thoughts? Worth having?
Tyre Pressure Monitor - is it useful/worth having?
Hill-Hold Assist - I have read here that thius is useful and I would add it but the brochure says that it is not available on vehicles with Auto-Start-Stop so it may not be possible with this car. Can anyone confirm this is correct?
DAB - not sure about this, I may well not bother.

If I went for B&O Sound System, Power Tailgate, DAB, Bluetoooth Interface then I think it would make sense to change to the S-Line Special Edition but I don't really want/need the 20" wheels. Any thoughts?

Are there any other options you think I should be considering?

Many thanks.

Regards,
George

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi george & welcome to the Forum

I noticed you are ordering Cruise Control & Bluetooth and then considering a Power-tailgate. These three come together as a pack (called Comfort pack) which would save you ??

Same for B&O Sound System which could be combined with DAB in the (Sound Pack)

I was in the exact position you are in, and because i didn't want the 20" wheels i ordered an S-Line with Comfort pack (Cruise + BT + Power-tailgate); you can also add Sound pack (DAB + B&O Sound System), which i didn't bother with as the S-Line comes with an improved sound system (10 Speakers at 180W which is more than enough for me)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi All,

This is my first post and I could do with a bit of advice on some options please.

Q5 2.0 TDI S-Line 170
Ice Silver
Black Milano Interior

With these options:
Standard Suspension
Tech Pack High
Storage Pack
Side Window Blinds
Interior Light Pack
Cruise Control
Bluetoooth Interface
B&O Sound System
Heated Seats Front

I am also considering the following options and would appreciate any thoughts on them:
Hill-Hold Assist - I have read here that thius is useful and I would add it but the brochure says that it is not available on vehicles with Auto-Start-Stop so it may not be possible with this car. Can anyone confirm this is correct?

If I went for B&O Sound System, Power Tailgate, DAB, Bluetoooth Interface then I think it would make sense to change to the S-Line Special Edition but I don't really want/need the 20" wheels. Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Regards,
George
George,
I would agree with the-oneil and add the following:
I have same engine same colour and very similar spec. S-Line 19" wheels etc. Very pleased with the Ice Silver- easy to keep clean, always looks good.
The power tailgate I had on my last audi and now I wouldn't be without it, nor would my wife. It works well and the only problem is when you use someone else's car and you go to press the tailgate and stand waiting like an idiot!
The tyre pressure monitor has been a little disappointing in that it does not display the actual pressures as I expected.
The DAB I was not sure about but has been used a lot listening to sport that I could not receive on FM where I am living.
The automatic dipping headlamps is another 'wouldn't be without' option and works a treat.
The towbar is a well engineered gem if you need it.
The only other accessory I ordered, because of where I live, is a set of 17" alloys and winter tyre. At around ?1K was a real bargain. (My insurance insisted on Audi wheels) I have just swapped from my 19" and the Quattro system with winter tyres performs incredibly well.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
963 Posts
I too didn't want the 20" wheels so went with the Sline on 19" with the electric tail gate and loads of other bits. Sline sports seats are more comfortable.

B&O and DAB are well worth it. If you'e opting for the B&O then you might as well take the pack.

Another pack worth taking is the heated folding mirrors and full electric heated memory seats. Electric tail gate is brill.

I would also advise the 3 way climate control as some people have reported that the standard heating system is crap!

Tbh the packs are the way to go because it is cheaper.

I didn't take the TPM as I'm very capable of checking my own tyre pressures and verifying wear, damage etc whilst I'm doing so.

Not on your list but I love the keyless entry................and a few other bits

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hold assist - for me is a must, especially that it is very cheap. Though it is available only on cars with S tronic. Not available for cars with manual gearbox. Over time I found it second function to engine to switch on after getting to the car :)
Be careful which Bluetooth option you order. At least in Poland there are 3 versions available, starting with dumb one that acts as 10EUR BT headset (you can just pick up the call and speak/listen through) then you have mid range with access to your phone phone book (allows to make calls and see who is calling while keeping your phone in the pocket) then the most sophisticated one with separate SIM installed into car and your real phone being only used to access phone book. In the latter case there is optional extra - phone holder in armrest.
Power tailgate - just check how high is your garage
:) In my case back of the car is standing under the folded garage doors, so programming the maximum height to which tailgate can open can save the car from some scratches.
TPM is (again in Poland) standard and you can't go without it. It is working in conjunction with ABS controller measuring rotational speed of each wheel, so it can't give you the actual pressure, but can show in which wheel it dropped.
Not sure what is part of tech-pack, but I'd go with auto dimming internal and external mirrors, 3-zone climate control (not only better defrosting of windshield, but also wents for rear seats!)...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi All,

Q5 2.0 TDI S-Line 170
Ice Silver
Black Milano Interior

With these options:
Standard Suspension
Tech Pack High
Storage Pack
Side Window Blinds
Interior Light Pack
Cruise Control
Bluetoooth Interface
B&O Sound System
Heated Seats Front

Many thanks.

Regards,
George
rear bench seat plus if you want some more room in the boot without having to fold down the rear seats; oh and ditto re space saver tyre; cheap when specced very expensive when not

Advanced key is a bit of a toy but boy is it a nice one - felt a right dumb arse when I went out without the jacket which had the key is and expected the door to open though (was hanging up inside and was just dumping something in the boot)

DAB is really worth it for 6 Music and Radio 5 Extra for listening to the Aussies get beat (um in the middle of the night!)

As you said s line special ed gives you most of these - not sure if you can downgrade the 20" wheels if you dont like them personally i really like em and as far as ride comfort I have ADS so that is that sorted

Definately like Hill Hold assist also especially in london when its all stop start

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have also gone for most of the options above, but I must admit, had I not had TPM I would not had noticed sooner a slow puncture I picked up after only having the car 3 weeks. It alerted me to it fairly quickly so I could keep it inflated until I could get it repaired. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to forum George.

I have heard that they will stop broadcasting FM/AM radio in a few years - 2014/2015.

I think DAB radio is a must as

1) If you're keeping the car, you'll still have a workable radio
2) When it comes to selling on, it will obviously be more desireable.

You will not regret the Bang & Olufsen speakers.

Good luck with purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot for all the really useful advice.

I think I will order as follows:

Q5 TDI 2.0 sLine 170PS Man
Ice Silver
Black Milano Leather

Metalic
Standard Suspension
Tech Pack High
Electric Seats and mirrors with memory
Storage Pack
Side Window Blinds
Interior Light Pack
Sound Pack
Comfort Pack
Collapsible Spare
TPM
Heated Seats Front

Regards,
George

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Did anyone mention the sunroof - awesome!

The B&O sound with the DAB would be a must for me and I love the advanced key. If there is any chance of wanting the tow bar, get it now. The camera on the Advanced Parking System is excellent but I realise you gotta draw the line somewhere.

On the subject of S-Line or not - mine is on sports suspension and 20in wheels and I love the ride/drive!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,

We've got the power tailgate and it's great ... EXCEPT..... there's no way to close the tail manually

As a result our not so well behaved dog keeps trying to jump out while the boot closes. Trapped paws have been avoided so far, but if you're a doggy hauler, it's something to consider.
The other downside is there's no button for the driver to close the boot remotely.... You've got to get out and press the button on the lid.

Cheers,

Mike.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi,

We've got the power tailgate and it's great ... EXCEPT..... there's no way to close the tail manually

As a result our not so well behaved dog keeps trying to jump out while the boot closes. Trapped paws have been avoided so far, but if you're a doggy hauler, it's something to consider.
The other downside is there's no button for the driver to close the boot remotely.... You've got to get out and press the button on the lid.

Cheers,

Mike.
Oh no
You can't close it using the remote either?!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hi,

Cheers,

Mike.
Mike,

If you don't want a full cage then why don't you get a doggie tail gate made. Which will stop the risk of your dogs jumping out and having an accident (this happened to my Brother in law's very well trained dog.......very sad conclusion
).
I've had a tail guard in the past....so you can remove easily if you need to. The only downside is that the receivers for the fittings have to be screwed into the trim.

I've just been down to Barjo at Wokingham to get a full cage with escape door made to measure for our two Spitz to travel safely.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Josh,

Yeah, Barjo did our last cage for our Lexus. Really good product for a custom build

However, i thought that a cage would be a little too restrictive in the back of the Q5.... it's just that wee bit smaller than the Lexus.
Our Dobermann is a big boy and would clatter about if the cage was too small.
I also wasn't too keen on making holes for a tail guard so have perfected the "threatening" technique with the dog.... crouch down, with arms spread telling him to "STAY" !!! A little loss of dignity, but it's worked so far

It would be much better if i could just pull the tailgate down, then gently close it when i'm travelling with the dog though...

Cheers,

Mike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good luck George

Lots of good advice on here but if you change your mind bear in mind that Bench seat plus isn't available on SLine and as has been mentioned you cant have hill hold with manual gearbox. really regret not getting the spare wheel....

all the best

·
Registered
963 Posts
Good luck George

Lots of good advice on here but if you change your mind bear in mind that Bench seat plus isn't available on SLine and as has been mentioned you cant have hill hold with manual gearbox. really regret not getting the spare wheel....

all the best
Incorrect :!: I've got the "plus" rear seat in my S line with 3 way split and ability to move it forward independently on both sides

·
Registered
963 Posts
.......... so have perfected the "threatening" technique with the dog.... crouch down, with arms spread telling him to "STAY" !!! A little loss of dignity, but it's worked so far

Cheers,

Mike.
That could be good entertainment

My two Spitz would just laugh at me and scarper before the tail closed

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good luck George

all the best
Hi, unless Audi have changed things since my car was built you can have the hill hold assist with the manual gearbox.

Being one of the cheaper (& extremely useful) options I would recommend you opt for it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts