Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine has a Golf gti as a second car, his wife accidently put 10l of diesel in the car but when she realised topped it up with 50l of petrol. The car started jumping on the way home, so my friend drained the tank totally and replaced it with petrol - car is now all OK

he now has 60l of petrol/diesel in his garage that he cannot dispose of

Could he feed say 5l of this mix in the Golf every time he fills up to get rid of it or will it cause the injection system problems?

kc

·
Banned
801 Posts
Do not use in Golf
Soiled spark plugs engine

You in your car Q5 3.0TDi at the diesel tank add 5 liters (mix) of gasoline without the problems

·
Registered
140 Posts
do not use in anything !!!! no matter how small the trace of petrol ...unless its years old !! make sure your friend changes the fuel filter, how old is the golf?.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Golf is a petrol model?
it is a 2002 car

kc

·
Registered
140 Posts
sorry i meant using the drained fuel in a diesel
fuel contamination either way round causes havoc.

thought it may have been a later model... fsi , then he really would have been in trouble.
Just drain it all, flush the lines and replace the filter..should be ok

·
Registered
279 Posts
He could try and run it in a 2 stroke lawn mower?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Should be fine as long as the fuel filter has been changed.

I know someone who filled their 2.0TDI from empty with a 1/2 tank of petrol and ran it for a mile till it quickly stuttered and cut out. Tank was emptied and fuel filter was changed, and it's still fine. The older TDI's 1.9 and early 2.0 TDI's cope with the petrol, however the Common Rail engines don't at all and it is catastrophic if they get a mix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts