Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a notice that an online map update is installing for over 3 weeks. Contacted Audi and they said that updates consist of up to 8 smaller regional updates and take time. 3 weeks seems excessive. The only option they offered was to go to dealership--which is not feasible. It took me 3 months to get an appt for a mandatory rear axles alignment recall and a week to get my car back. Anyone else had this issue? I tried a soft reset but it did not clear the notice or reset the update which I believe must be hung. Would welcome any advice.

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
279 Posts
The online map update will only occur with the ignition on. If you are only doing short journeys then it will take a very long elapsed time to load the USA maps.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,219 Posts
You probably need to be in area with good signal as well as ignition on - urban / city etc.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,219 Posts
As they say - 'never assume anything!' ;)

How many bars on your signal strength icon? Check its healthy and full, do you have data allowance etc (don't know your setup, or even what year your Q5 is)? Also this update might be a bigger update then previously, or one of them has got stuck installing / downloading. As you have tried a soft reset of MMI, try doing a Forced Reboot / shut down etc, reset and clear and start again?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts