Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that's my Q5 one year old today, great vehicle very happy with everything about it. The car has only done 7600 miles as we have a choice of vehicles to use, I have never topped up the oil level since purchased, only been back to Audi for a recall on clutch master cylinder. Purchased the winter tyre package also but have not recorded the miles on both usage of the tyres but all are running even.
MPG originally was around 28 but now up to 36-38 MPG, which is good for me as the discovery I had was low 20's. The MPG may increase some more but as stated I am happy with this at present around my local area and will increase on longer runs if you watch but again happy on the returns.
I have not modified it in anyway but look forward to purchasing mud flaps when they become available just to keep some of the mud down.

·
Registered
503 Posts
That's good news to hear.

I do about the same annual mileage as you, although I may do more now as I love it so much :)

Currently I am getting 31MPG on my commute which used to be only 26MPG (sometimes less) in my petrol 1.6 A3 Sportback tiptronic. I'm getting about 36MPG on a run. Only done just under 600 miles so it seems things can only get better.

It amazes me that the Q5 is better on fuel, cheaper to tax and cheaper to insure, but boy is it a totally different experience.

Just waiting for some decent weather now ;-)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steppy,
The MPG will come up soon to diecent returns, I was hoping to refit my 20's last week but the weather has changed so I may do at the month end. Yes the Q5 is a good vehicle, my wife's A3 Sline 2 litter diesel is 8 weeks old and starting to return better MPG also, good cars to run.

Doug.

Reactions: Steppy

·
Banned
489 Posts
How do you find the 20" off road alloys? Any chance of a pic?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shenstone 1936

Will post pictures tomorrow .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts