Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take delivery of my SQ5 tomorrow morning and am finally arriving at the big day.

Have not slept soundly in months and looking at the forum, it seems that I am not the only nutter here!!

I shall keep you posted.

Regards,

ZED

·
Registered
700 Posts
All the best Zed enjoy your last sleep, very Jealous, i'm build week 20 so a while to go yet !!, is it a day off work tomorrow the celebrating ??

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
What time to you collect it? Going to be camped out Waiting for the doors to open?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the best Zed enjoy your last sleep, very Jealous, i'm build week 20 so a while to go yet !!, is it a day off work tomorrow the celebrating ??
Thank you lots.
I am retired and enjoying myself!

ZED

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What time to you collect it? Going to be camped out Waiting for the doors to open?
Funny you should say that ........................... 09:00hrs!

ZED

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Zed. just reading your spec its very close indeed to mine, they having been telling me my build was put back 4 weeks due to pan roof, so much for that, i see you have specced one and your collecting your car tomorrow !!, you might need some sleeping pills tonight !!!! enjoy your day tomorrow

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Good luck tomorrow Zed - so much for the cr*p from my dealer about May10th being the earliest on-the-road date! So which dealer did you get yours through?

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
I hope you have a nice shake down run planned for today? I pick mine up tomorrow @ 09.00.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your kind comments. I will attempt to answer all your questions/comments:
  • Car from Aberdeen Audi
  • Colour is Estoril Blue - I do not usually go for blue but as this is the "S" colour I thoughts it appropriate. I am sure it will look good also!
  • For full spec. see below (signature)
  • I got to sleep in the end!
  • I see missile collects tomorrow - good luck for that.
  • Pano roof did not delay the process
Regards,

ZED

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
*Throws toys out of pram and starts screaming*
"I WANT MINE NOW!!!!"

If only this would make it quicker!

Hope she lives up to all the expectations Zed. Can't wait to see pics and your first impressions. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thank you all for your kind comments. I will attempt to answer all your questions/comments:
  • Car from Aberdeen Audi
  • Colour is Estoril Blue - I do not usually go for blue but as this is the "S" colour I thoughts it appropriate. I am sure it will look good also!
  • For full spec. see below (signature)
  • I got to sleep in the end!
  • I see missile collects tomorrow - good luck for that.
  • Pano roof did not delay the process
Regards,

ZED
must have been your car i saw at abz yesterday when i was in there. Looks good.

·
Registered
202 Posts
photos please

·
Registered
325 Posts
From Aberdeen audi's facebook page... Sprint Blue... someone from here?

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's what it said on the fb page.... I agree though, looks more sepang to me

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm with you on it being Sepang, especially with what looks like another car in the same colour in the background

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BABY HAS ARRIVED ...................... I AM IN LOVE YET AGAIN!!!

I was there at just gone 08:30hrs to collect.

Firstly I must comment on the colour. Usually I do not like blues but went with E.Blue as this was one of the S colours. I am over the moon with the colour, as is my partner. It comes alive in the sunshine. We were a little dubious on placing the order but it turns out to be great.

There were four SQ5s in the showroom, two of which also looked lovely in other shades of blue and grey. I am therefore very definitely NOT knocking other colours.

I have not driven it far or fast for that matter. A lot of the roads were freshly surfaced/gravelled. In terms of performance I will revert at a later date, but will make the following general observations:
  • Nothing wrong with the ride at all. I was a little concerned by some earlier comments
  • Pano roof was used and is lovely, if you like that sort of thing
  • On starting the engine the rev counter and speedo sweep - this was standard and one or two have commented that they would like this feature on their's
  • I was also concerned that tyres may be a little too low profile. I do not think that they are
  • Too soon to comment too much on fuel consumption, but I do not think this is likely to be an issue
I am now going to settle down to read the instructions!! I shall do more fiddling/learning later.

Those who are waiting will not be disappointed.

I shall try to do photos in due course and will report in a little more detail

Kind regards,

ZED

1 - 20 of 73 Posts